Oceanic viper fins - A tale of broken fins and a confused customer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doug I haven't heard from you since posting my previous post here on the forums. Has the fin or fins been sent? I have sent you two PMs in the past couple weeks. The first was immediately after making the above post. The second was a week ago checking in.

What is the status on this?

Is this a freaking joke or what? Can Oceanic ACTUALLY be this bad? I've recommended their regs to many people, but there are many other choices and if this story is true, well...:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

Is this a freaking joke or what? Can Oceanic ACTUALLY be this bad? I've recommended their regs to many people, but there are many other choices and if this story is true, well...:shakehead::shakehead::shakehead::shakehead:

I have heard such positive things about their service that I can't understand what's going on here. I have given the benefit of the doubt at every possible step here, but found the only responses that I get are when I post on this public forum.

Please contact Ron, our customer service manager - we spoke about this the other day when I received your PM - he can provide an eta and tracking.

Thank you very much. What is his email address or username so I could email or PM him?

Please contact Ron, our customer service manager - we spoke about this the other day when I received your PM - he can provide an eta and tracking.

You guys are unbelievable! You want him to contact more people rather than just tell him what is going on with his fin? :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3: If this is the way you handle customer service problems "in public", I can only imagine the level of service that is provided "in private".

I'm a scuba instructor and deal with a lot of scuba divers. When my oceanic reg needs service next, I am going to dump it. I often recommended Oceanic because of value and simplicity and availablity of parts. However, after reading this thread, I am done with Oceanic.

Keep in mind, we are talking about a single fin that is made in Taiwan (or is it China)? and costs Oceanic probably about 4-7 dollars. Why screw around with a company that treats customers in this manner? There are lots of other manufacturers that will back up their gear. :confused::confused:

I was reading up on fins trying to figure out which ones I wanted to purchase.
So far I think I have figured out which ones I DO NOT want to purchase!
This crap is unreal!
Good luck with your replacement. I do hope it happens!
Tom

Good grief. We've done everything within our power to satisfy a situation in a country in which the dealer and distributor was unable to help. A replacement pair of fins is on the way - as promised.

Ron's email address is rlandess@oceanicsua.com

Well if YOU have done all you "can", that is certainly enough. :shakehead::shakehead: It really doesn't matter if the guys has fins or not....:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Good grief. We've done everything within our power to satisfy a situation in a country in which the dealer and distributor was unable to help. A replacement pair of fins is on the way - as promised.

Ron's email address is rlandess@oceanicsua.com

Thank you, I have contacted Ron by email and will update the thread when I get a reply. If this does happen, you deserve credit and I will make sure it happens. I really don't want to be unreasonable, but you must understand my frustration at this point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom