Oceanic VT Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

VideoDon

Registered
Reaction score
Have over 100 dives using the VT Pro and no problems at all diving. Good dive computer.

However, replacing the battery in the VT Pro display is a bummer.

$22.00 for a $2.00 battery and $1.00 O-ring is absurd.

Further, I find it very difficult to get a good seal with the O-ring.

Anyone else having trouble changing the VT Pro display battery?

Did you have it installed by a tech or did you DIY. I thought the VT Pro had user changeable batteries (I'm thinking of buying a couple).

If the battery is $2 and the o-ring $1, why did it cost so much?

Thanks,

J.

$22.00+ is the going price at the SCUBA shops that sell the Oceanic battery/O-ring package.

Why change out the battery yourself rather than have the SCUBA shop do it? Kinda hard to fly back from Bonaire to the states just to have the dying battery changed out.

The Duracell 2450 lasted only 15 dives.

Before buying the VT Pro, suggest you try changing out the battery.

My dive shop suggested that I get a couple of spare batteries from Wal-Mart and he sold me an o-ring to take with me in my save a dive kit. The total cost was about five dollars. I did try to see how hard it would be to change the batteries before I left on a trip. It was not difficult at all.

dnhill

My first VT-Pro, which has been recently replaced by the factory, never worked for even a single dive, always went into violation either before the dive began or upon hitting the 5 foot mark. I pulled the battery about 10 times trying to diagnose this and never had a single problem with changing the battery.

According to Oceanic, all their products have a life-time guarantee. I recently spoke with an Oceanic representitive, and he assured me that customers who purchase their computers never have to buy the batteries. They can be obtained by contacting Oceanic directly or by going through your retailer. Hope this helps.

Karos stated,
"According to Oceanic, all their products have a life-time guarantee. I recently spoke with an Oceanic representitive, and he assured me that customers who purchase their computers never have to buy the batteries. They can be obtained by contacting Oceanic directly or by going through your retailer. Hope this helps."

I find it interesting that if this is the policy that the dive shops have kits for SALE that replace the battery and o-ring. Perhaps this is something new.

dnhill

dnhill:
Karos stated,
"According to Oceanic, all their products have a life-time guarantee. I recently spoke with an Oceanic representitive, and he assured me that customers who purchase their computers never have to buy the batteries. They can be obtained by contacting Oceanic directly or by going through your retailer. Hope this helps."

I find it interesting that if this is the policy that the dive shops have kits for SALE that replace the battery and o-ring. Perhaps this is something new.

dnhill

As one of those "dive shops" that carry battery kits, I have to say in our defence I have never heard of free battaries as part of the warrenty but I am going to find out.

Typically the manufacturers battery kits are more expensive wholesale than going to Walmart and I would be happy to never change another customer battery again.

Send me your VT and the $22. I'll change it for you.

Come on. I've changed mine a few times. Less than $5. Of course, my battery doesn't have a nifty Oceanic logo on it.

Does anybody out there use the Oceanic VT Pro hoseless computer? I am thinking of getting one and would like all the feedback I can get, positive and negative. Thanks in advance.

Back
Top Bottom