Oceanic VT Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have one and so far so good about 50 or so dives and I love it. I really do! The only minor complaint is that the audible signal is not as loud as my Sherwood Wisdom but really no big deal! I would say get one and learn all you can about it. VERY cool unit.

CALI68:
I have one and so far so good about 50 or so dives and I love it. I really do! The only minor complaint is that the audible signal is not as loud as my Sherwood Wisdom but really no big deal! I would say get one and learn all you can about it. VERY cool unit.
I've also got 50+ dives on mine. No complaints so far......

I have close to about 70 dives and it's awesome.. very easy to use... cool features as well... i.e. safety stop countdown, turns on with the contact of water! Anyways, I previously owned a Data Trans, so the VT Pro was the logical transition....

No problems with mine so far. However, for the purposes of giving up-to-date information, I have scheduled a CZM trip for next week. I will do what ever it takes to provide good information to our members.

dnhill

Thanks for the feedback so far. Sounds like this computer is the shiznit. I'm glad that this has confirmed what I already thought. *sigh* There goes another $600...

TostitoBandito:
Thanks for the feedback so far. Sounds like this computer is the shiznit. I'm glad that this has confirmed what I already thought. *sigh* There goes another $600...

$600!? I wish I would have gotten mine for only $600. I bought mine back in August and paid $850. I like the computer though it could be just a bit smaller on the wrist. Other than that, great cx.

Hi guys,

I have a DATA TRANS oceanic computer. And it is so large to my wrist. You know Oceanic release new computer VT PRO last year, I think it is so compact.

Then, this is my question.
Is the old type transmitter(for DATA TRANS) work for New computer VT PRO?
Dose anyone try to link?
Now in Japan, VT PRO is not available. So I have no idea to test.

Pls hlp.....

KANEMATICS:
Hi guys,

I have a DATA TRANS oceanic computer. And it is so large to my wrist. You know Oceanic release new computer VT PRO last year, I think it is so compact.

Dose anyone try to link?

Pls hlp.....

I very much doubt that the old transmitter will work with the new computer. Sorry, I think you're going to have to buy the new transmitter along with the vt pro. I guess you could email oceanic and ask them if you want though.

Dear TostitoBandito SAN,

Thank you for your reply.
I send a e mail to Oceanic last week and I recieved a reply.
They said, "will not work we have no data" and I sad... :frown2:
I think if anyone know this fact.
I try to contact to Oceanic, to use Up-Grade service.

SPL TNX!

KANEMATICS:
Hi guys,

Dose anyone try to link?

Pls hlp.....
The Atom is the most compact hoseless Nitrox computer Oceanic has. It is in the 2004 catalog, but I don't think it's quite available as of yet. We were talking about it today at the LDS. I dive the VT Pro and love it, but it too is quite large. This is good for visability of the numbers, but I have a small frame and it takes up a lot of arm space. I'm probably going to trade it in on an Atom.

Here it is:

http://www.oceanicworldwide.com/2004/p_computers_atom.html

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom