October Megadive Rez!!! (10/28-30), Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPSEAWOLF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We have sites 40, 41 for Halloween weekend again! Currently reserved a/o 5:04 P.M.!
Check the calendar for more info. Items to bring; as usual, firewood, side dishes, breakfast goodies and omelet stuff, chicken quarters helps, and anything else ya want grilled or cooked! I have a great Jack Russell Taco recipe.
What's that? River otter casserole?
Bring bubblewatchers and divers alike. If we are under post hurricane closure as late as the weekend before, I'll be scrubbing the event. I will not cut it as close as we did last year. Opened Wednesday, Party on Friday.
I expect to see a galaxy dive and possibly a pumpkin carving contest. If kids show, we'll have two pumpkin carves, one topside, one underwater. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Where are the sites?

DEEPSEAWOLF:
We have sites 40, 41 for Halloween weekend again! Currently reserved a/o 5:04 P.M.!
Check the calendar for more info. Items to bring; as usual, firewood, side dishes, breakfast goodies and omelet stuff, chicken quarters helps, and anything else ya want grilled or cooked! I have a great Jack Russell Taco recipe.
What's that? River otter casserole?
Bring bubblewatchers and divers alike. If we are under post hurricane closure as late as the weekend before, I'll be scrubbing the event. I will not cut it as close as we did last year. Opened Wednesday, Party on Friday.
I expect to see a galaxy dive and possibly a pumpkin carving contest. If kids show, we'll have two pumpkin carves, one topside, one underwater. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

dive4funOften:
Where are the sites?
40/41 are "the usual sites" IIRC, if you look from the back of the shop towards the restroom block, they are just left of the restroom (downriver of the springs if you want it relative to the water). Go along the dirt track towards the spring, turn in for the electric/water sites, follow the road around the far side of the restroom building, it is a large semi-circle, and just as you start facing towards the shop again they should be right there.

Sorry i cant be there with you guys, in an exam on the friday and flying to the UK for my Mum's 60th on the saturday - enjoy your time though i'll catch you on the next one.

Cool! Sounds like fun. Hermit Crab is excited...we will be back home in time for trick or treating.

dive4funOften:
Where are the sites?

I do believe that she was inquiring as to WHERE the camp sites were.

Ginnie Springs

:D

Don't see where the event is?

simbrooks:
40/41 are "the usual sites" IIRC, if you look from the back of the shop towards the restroom block, they are just left of the restroom (downriver of the springs if you want it relative to the water). Go along the dirt track towards the spring, turn in for the electric/water sites, follow the road around the far side of the restroom building, it is a large semi-circle, and just as you start facing towards the shop again they should be right there.

Sorry i cant be there with you guys, in an exam on the friday and flying to the UK for my Mum's 60th on the saturday - enjoy your time though i'll catch you on the next one.

LOL Ginnie Springs.

MOD edit: Added the date and location to title of thread.

Sounds great. We'd like to meet alot of you. We have never been to Ginnie before. Are you all camping together and if so what are the costs? I just looked over the web site and it looks pretty good. Any info would be very helpful.

Elaine & Scooter

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom