October Megadive Rez!!! (10/28-30), Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, the majority of us will be camping. Ginnie's website has all the pricing. Deepseawolf tried to get discounts once, but it was such a fiasco that it is just easier this way. Besides, we don't want him to lose any more of the (little bit of) sanity he has left.
Oh, newcomers to the bunch must bring a bottle of rum or white wine, lest the wrath of pratical jokes gets unleashed. Ha Ha Ha Ha :evil:

What I ment was are all of you camping on site 40/41 and pay'n 16 bucks each a night or do I need to get my own site??? I'll bring a bottle just for you Jenny, LOL

As a new comer from Cali you need to clairfy things, JK!! Out there we just sleep in our s-bags and roll into the water cause we can't get out of our thick _ss wet suit. I can say that the water temps here are wonderful :D

Those two sites should be big enough for the party. If we get say 30+ campers, we may need additional sites.

Last Halloween Megadive we all stayed on those two sites, I payed $16 a night regardless, I figured it was manditory. Diving is like $30 a day. Its a hellovalotta fun, beautiful fascilities, I wish I could make it down more often. I guess I have to be content with twice a year for the moment... did anyone mention the great people? :wink:

Cool Beaners !!!
I haven't seen a full-blown one yet ... (just a tiny one )

And Underwater Pumpkin carving too???
Gads , Just like back home , don't ya know , fer sure you betcha dere ...
(Er , except the water temps won't be 54 degrees ) :11:

Jean :D

Okay, wife asked me this morning if I stil wanted to go, so for now, until I get the time off approved, we are pencilled in. But I still gotta ask, what is a galaxy dive?

Any word on if Bulla will make this party? and is there an attendance list yet?

Ahhh, Ginnie Springs,Meg-o-dive,Conch Divers....
It just doesn't get much better.

The sites chosen border the primitive camping area so we actually have about ten acres of camping space behind us. The largest camp group we had was about 42 people. I had reserved 5 electric sites and we didn't need them all. If you want your OWN site with electric, it will cost a few bucks extra per night, and you will need to reserve it with Ginnie NOW as they fill up quick! Unless you plan on bringing an RV or Pop-up camper, we have found that these two sites and the extension cords is usually enough for everyone.

A galaxy dive is when people dive the ballroom at night and release cyalume nightsticks into the water. It seems as if you are swimming with the stars. We have now found that;
a) the sticks themselves are a hazard and litter the place heavily
b) the contents are NOT toxic and it is better to just cut open the sticks and let the fluid out.
This also makes for an interesting mix since all the droplets become scattered and smaller and it gives more of an effect when done in front of the grate.

I will be donating my rum to the stash. I will also be picking up some exotic rum, possibly Morgan Spiced Coco.

Plans for the weekend are as follows;
Friday: Arrival, setup, diving. This will be a fend for yourself evening for food. I can give locations for late night dining, and/or make a cooking space available.
Saturday: Breakfast, Diving, Lunch, Diving, Dinner-mostly leftovers from lunch, some other stuff may be added by incoming campers or group decision, pumpkin carves, galaxy/night diving.
Sunday: Breakfast, site breakdown, lunch, diving as available
***NOTE*** If weather is good and the river is clear we may have a CRO-River Tour.
For those of you noobs, it's a river drift dive.
(For you Megadive Vets, bring a flack jacket and an M-4! We'll use the noobs as shields!)

Brewone0to:
Ahhh, Ginnie Springs,Meg-o-dive,Conch Divers....
It just doesn't get much better.
That's what I'm thinkin'! :D Too soon to say if I'll be there but it sounds like too much fun to miss!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom