October Megadive Rez!!! (10/28-30), Ginnie Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He's our mascot, The Visions of Atlantis Landshark!
He gets a bit confusing when he isn't speaking in English.

The term "Megadive" was coined when the infamous Ken Adams began hosting scuba parties for a group of riotous and downright noteworthy revelers known as the Florida Conch Divers. He took over a group campsite at Ginnie Springs in High Springs Florida. He hosts one of these events in Late October for his favorite non-holiday, Halloween. It is the one time of year when his freakish looks and outlandish behaviours seem normal.
He also hosts one sometime in May because both his birthday, and his wife's are only 10 years and 4 days apart. They also celebrate their anniversary from April 15th, (coming up on the 5th year) at the May event.

This year, he's trying to coming up with the deposit and the rental fees for an entire camp loop with a pavillion included. This will be the biggest Megadive party, yet.

He also sets up an ice fishing/manatee interaction/watercraft survival trip to Crystal River during the first weekends of December. We only lose the slow divers and a few rookies to the swarms of maneating manatees of King's Bay.
It's actually a cool site to see. (Scuba divers breaching the surface to escape the feeding frenzy.) Fun for the whole family.

During the megadives, he has some pretty crazy group interactive breakfast buffets. Followed by the dunk the lawyer game and the synchronised scuba competition. Keep looking for a thread titled "Phoenix Megadive Thread", where we will be combining this thread with the upcoming May Megadive thread.

A word of warning for those of you who have never attended a megadive before;
I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geic...
oops, nevermind.

You forgot to mention that errant group that managed to drift to Colombia... Or has that become 'the incident of which we refuse to speak of' again...

In very bad Mexican movie accent:
We don't speak of such things! It's the otters! They LISTEN!!! They KNOW!!!!
Like sharks on the prowl, they watch from below. When the time is right, WHAM! They make you a drug mule and drag you into the gulf and on to Mexico!

I think we're going to need a bigger float...

I am imagining a 10,000 gallon tank of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale floating down the Santa Fe river. Of course, we would have to drop several hoses into the river for use as URPs (Underwater Refreshment Points). We would also need a volunteer team to man the top deck to repel the Columbian River ------ when they make their inevitable attack, dropping down ropes from the trees, leaping off of speeding inner tubes. Make no mistake, they are fearless fighters, and the latest unintelligence reports seem to indicate that they are very close to forming an alliance with the Army for the Liberation of the West Indian Manatee.

scubafool:
I am imagining a 10,000 gallon tank of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale floating down the Santa Fe river. Of course, we would have to drop several hoses into the river for use as URPs (Underwater Refreshment Points). We would also need a volunteer team to man the top deck to repel the Columbian River ------ when they make their inevitable attack, dropping down ropes from the trees, leaping off of speeding inner tubes. Make no mistake, they are fearless fighters, and the latest unintelligence reports seem to indicate that they are very close to forming an alliance with the Army for the Liberation of the West Indian Manatee.

mmmmm.... tasty! BBQ Tee!

and fried otter tail?

:D

(Another pleased member of PETA)

Don't ya guys think its about time to kill this thread?

Would I suggest we kill Ozzy Ozzborne? Did Fool suggest we kill George Burns? Did Ken suggest we kill river otters? Okay, that was a bad example.... But would you kill a legend off? this thread is legend I tell you, LEGEND!!!

Well sorta, maybe more like a bad penny really....or a lawyer. He He He

scubafool:

Don't forget the hoses for the Galaxy dive !!!
(er , well ... Maybe you could just bring the refreshments down in bottles)

Jeano Beano :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom