Oh dear what am i getting myself into....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Merkur

Reaction score
:)

hey, just thought i would say howdy!

i've just started researching getting into the scuba thing. i've had it in the back of my mind forever but with all of my other hobbies (rock/big wall climbing, alpine climbing, home theater/audiophile systems, home remodeling, race cars, and more and more and more...) i've kept saying i didn't need anything else to occupy my time/money.

well, my climbing partner did his internship with NASA and worked in the tanks getting his certification and then bought his own gear. now here in chicago he wants somebody to go with him. what really sunk it in was my wife expressing an intrest as well. she's not into my rock stuff, so it would be fun if we could do this together. the fact that we live so close to THE lake (and know friends with boats) kind of adds iceing to the cake.

well... it looks like i might be starting a downward spiral into another hobby, but for the time being i'm very glad to have found a forum where i can lurk around, do some learning and hopefully make an educated entry into what looks like a fascinating pastime!

Merkur:
:)

hey, just thought i would say howdy!

i've just started researching getting into the scuba thing. i've had it in the back of my mind forever but with all of my other hobbies (rock/big wall climbing, alpine climbing, home theater/audiophile systems, home remodeling, race cars, and more and more and more...) i've kept saying i didn't need anything else to occupy my time/money.

well, my climbing partner did his internship with NASA and worked in there tanks getting his certification and then bought his own gear. now here in chicago he wants somebody to go with him. what really sunk it in was my wife expressing an intrest in it as well. she's not into my rock stuff, so it would be fun if we could do this together. the fact that we live so close to THE lake (and know friends with boats) kind of adds iceing into the cake.

well... it looks like i might be starting a downward spiral into another hobby, but for the time being i'm very glad to have found a forum where i can lurk around, do some learning and hopefully make an educated entry into what looks like a fascinating pastime!

Welcome!

Look at it this way...It beats playing on the freeway.

Enjoy!

:banana:

Welcome to our wonderful and spectacular world ! I too am from Chicago. Always looking for dive buddies. Ilove diving THE big lake up until about mid september..no dry suit. :-( Anyway give me a hollar if you need anything. We are here for ya ! Good viz & good divin' George Correa

welcome aboard!

and yes, diving is a bit of a budget ruiner :wink:

scubasean:
Look at it this way...It beats playing on the freeway.

Or cow tippin'...!

Welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

BTW, we have a NASA Decompression Physician serving as one of our expert advsiors.

don
:D

DandyDon:
Or cow tippin'...!

Uh, OK. Being a So Cal, I have no experience Cow Tippin', but I'm confident that scuba does in fact beat cow tippin.

Don, you're the best. We have a price change on aisle 7.

:D

Welcome to the board.

K

I am fairly new at this to and I agree your budget will never be the same. But it is so cool. Welcome aboard!

I also live in Chicago although I do not dive here. I do not find diving a budget wrecker. Learn the basics well, purchase quality equipment, and keep an open mind.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom