Ok I'm certified but feel bad about it

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I live just north of Channelview, (Rio Villa), and I don't have a problem with diving with new divers. My practice dives are mainly Blue Lagoon and Aquarena Springs, but if your used to TL I have been looking for a good excuse to dive there as well. I'm already committed this weekend and next, but I'm open to diving on Aug 21st or 22nd.

Hi,

I make it out to TL once in awhile. I have taken about a month off due to work but am ready to get back into the groove. I will be glad to dive with you just about anytime. I saw the camper for the first time this weekend. Too bad I was down to 700lbs when I stumbled across it by accident on my way to my safety stop. I would like to inspect it a little closer.

Toe

O.K. northern clan, I have an idea...Let's raid the southern area, kidnap Judy, and bring her up here to dive CSSP with us! :D

O.K. northern clan, I have an idea...Let's raid the southern area, kidnap Judy, and bring her up here to dive CSSP with us!

Actually I am planning on taking vacation the week of August the 22 and while I had been thinking about going to the pensacola area, I can easily change my mind. So where should I go here in the good ole state of tx. Dallas? New Braunfels? Hmmm where to go. Thanks everyone for all the encouragement. I am feeling good today and ready to go diving!!!

Judy

Judy...can you dive on Fridays? I'll be glad to meet you at TL on Friday and just the two of us can work on your mask skills or anything else you're not comfortable with yet. There's usually not very many divers on Friday and the viz will be lots better!

Skyjunky:
What's the vis and temp been like lately?

Water temps have been 86-88 on the surface, 85-86 down to about 22ft at the first thermocline. Below that it's in the low 70's down to the second thermocline around 35ft where it drops into the 50's.

Vis on the north and northeast areas of the lake have been 8-10ft but in the southwest corner where the platforms and docks are used for classes, it's been down to about 2-3 ft, less in some spots like around the newly sunk RV. People can't seem to keep their fins out of the bottom! The RV is set temporarily right now, Mike has plans to suspend the RV farther out into the lake, getting it off the bottom.

Hi Dee,
Fridays would be awesome for me since I am off that day. Sounds like the vis at Twin Lakes has been as bad or worse than Blue Lagoon was this weekend. Good think claustrophobia doesn't affect me.

jstuart1:
Hi Dee,
Fridays would be awesome for me since I am off that day. Sounds like the vis at Twin Lakes has been as bad or worse than Blue Lagoon was this weekend. Good think claustrophobia doesn't affect me.

Sounds like a plan! I didn't getto dive this weekend. Want to meet about noon? I'll PM my cell phone number.

Back
Top Bottom