Ok, just switched to Verizon's Mexico cell plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Friday morning: clean out trunk to make room for bags, mow grass, feed birds, water flowers, turn off AC & water heater, unplug things, set the alarm, withdraw cash. I always forget things as many times as I have done this.

And for me, there is not enough lists to help me not forget like that one time we forgot to take the dog to the boarding facility and didn't realize it until we were walking out the door and said good-buy to him! :shocked2:

White Velcro sneakers and black knee socks?

:rofl3:

:rofl3: I was thinking cowboy boots with board shorts.... He's from Texas after all.

I enjoy my time in Cozumel "disconnected"... no phones, email, cars, tv, computers, SB, etc. Lucky for us, with our daughter in tow, there is no one in the states to keep in touch with.

Did you look at the linked site? They have various Individual and Family Shared plans, but the 450 minute/month for $55 is enough for me - unless something comes up and then I can backdate to a larger plan up until the end of my billing cycle. I normally share a Family plan but I keep my phone as one of the $10/month units so I can change to this without affecting them.

And they're [Verizon] good about backdating. When we were moving here from Houston last year, we racked up a hellacious bill with overages because I was doing phone interviews while driving through desolate north Texas. When my wife called and asked them what happened, they offered to backdate our service with bigger plan saving us about $500. We switched it back the next month.

And they're [Verizon] good about backdating. When we were moving here from Houston last year, we racked up a hellacious bill with overages because I was doing phone interviews while driving through desolate north Texas. When my wife called and asked them what happened, they offered to backdate our service with bigger plan saving us about $500. We switched it back the next month.
Yeah they are indeed. They also charge so much more than they need to but that's supply, demand and competition. If I were on an Individual plan, I'd try a prepaid company with auto update as there are some good ones, but I'm on a Family plan so it works out - for now. Review again in 2 years.

At least you can do Verizon without a contract now if you supply your own phone, say a Verizon only phone from ebay - where I got my last one anyway. They do charge an activation fee tho.

Don't forgrt to clean out the fridge and take out the trash.

Have a GREAT trip and a Happy Birthday, Don!
Done. Next time I stand up I am gone, but got to arm the alarm and turn lose the two pet rattlesnakes. They love to roam when I am gone and come to me for treats when I return. Police, fire department and security company know and they tell me they will only deal with the outside of my house if needed. :crafty:

Don,

Just to clarify Verizon has two Plus Mexico plans. One is for calling Mexico from the states and the other is calling while in Mexico. Make sure the agent that you spoke with is aware that the plan you want is calling from Mexico. We almost ended up with the calling to Mexico one year and were lucky enough to figure it out before we left. For those of you that have a smart phone make sure you turn off your roaming on the data feed or you will have a very nasty surprise on your next bill. I used the wifi settings on my phone to pick up my email at no cost.

Thanks Cookielady. Yeah I remember the calling-to-Mexico plan. I've confirmed that I have the one to use in-Mexico, a few times - but I think I will look online too to play it safe. :wink:

I'm playing Mr Wizard on computers at daughter's home. I'm not good, but they still like my help a lot more than reading directions or calling Tech support. It helped a lot when I copied the correct network key number on the router, which took less than hour to get right.

Edit: The trip started ok. I got 15 miles to Plainview, stopped by the bank, left, then in review asked myself if I closed the garage door this time. (I back in for safety so it's too easy to drive out and forget.) I couldn't remember so - 30 miles roundtrip to turn around in my drive, and the door was closed.

American was adamant about me being at the airport 2 hours before flight time, and was sure that the counter opened at 4 am - wrong! I was there at 4:30, but they open at 5 on Saturdays. Grrr! It just was not reassuring that the electronic sign did not have my flight listed - but it's here, bags are checked, saw the crew arrive, boarding soon. Gawd all the ways that the airline tries to get more money. During checkin it kept suggesting I pay for early boarding, etc.

Last edited:
Ok, so I slept on the flights pretty well. Arrived right after the Delta flights so I&C took over an hour. That's a first for me anyway. Light rain and overcast, hoping for clearer weather and that Irene avoids us as she drifts across the area. Got my pony & gear down to Scuba Mau and took Opal some Hazelnut & Vanilla coffee.

Internet has varied a lot here at HotCoz. Looks like all of the Yucatan severs are down and I'm having to go thru Honduras at times, 0.`12 Mbps if it doesn't fail completely. At other times it goes to Ft.Myers around 1 Mbps give or take.

Attachments

• Speed test 8-20 b.jpg
    Speed test 8-20 b.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 41
  • Speed test 8-20.jpg
    Speed test 8-20.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 40

Back
Top Bottom