Ok Ladies! Bikini Line trouble here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Martinjc - what I want to know is are you putting what you've learnt here to good use? How's YOUR bikini line?? :p

Oh I completely agree that a dive bout isn't a bauty shop, but bcfrench, were the women with the lipstick & mouse applying sunscreen chapstick and conitioner to their hair??

I know I get chapped lips when I dive, and I know of women who put conditioner in their hair to keep it from getting into a rats-nest.

I look a fright when I come off the boat, but I simple don't care, having just had when hell of a good time :)

Alison - thanks for asking! My bikini line WAS a mess - but now after readin g through this thread and applying the techniques/products/advice conteained therein - I'm all neat and tidy! <S>

It's a good thing don't tell you about "scuba hair" in open water class :). I managed to get my ponytail zipped into my wetsuit this weekend & finally got to use my wussie dive scissor to cut myself out of an entanglement.

Really, there's not much room for vanity here with the spitting & bad hair & looking like a sausage stuffed in a wetsuit or michelin-tire-man in a drysuit & changing in public. :mean:

-kate

ps
Glad that we could be there for your hair removal needs martin.

The worst is the photographic proof of diving hair later on! Oh well, I stray from the topic at hand.

An option that may also work, if you don't want to wax:

Use an electric razor. You can pick up a man's razor fairly cheaply. You wont get nicked or have wax burn.

Is "Diving hair" like "hat hair" or "bed head"?

Or you all could wear the same "athletic shorts" that us menfolk wear

Hey TM... can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not?.... :p

Yes, diving hair... what a doozy that is - Kate I had similar experiences except it was getting wrapped around my mask strap for some reason. I then bought a slap strap which helped but by the end of the dive it's still "dive hair" (rastafarian clumps, shocking mess) so guess what? I cut most of it off!! Went diving for the first time last weekend with my new do and it was great! No tangles... blisssssss.

Martin - just be sure to keep waxing and you'll never have bikini line probs again :D

Cheers all

My female beauty diving challenge is trying to keep fingernails. I am not a fan of the fake tips and have always grown pretty decent natural nails but now everytime I go diving (approximately one weekend per month) I end up with nails that look like I chew on them.

I have found ways to get around hair (pigtail braids) and bikini line issues (wax) but my nails are still a wreck. Any advice?

KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

Hey KC - my tip would be keep your nails as short as you can bear to (it also helps with keeping your wetsuit from getting laddered... well in my case anyway!) because continually having your hair and nails in the water makes it grow faster. Now, I know some of you will immediately say "What a load of crapperoony" but it's a fact!

Before you hit the hay each night, use hand and nail lotion and really work it into the cuticles (I'm guessing that's where your chewed look comes from?) We get some great natural products from the UK over here in THailand so I'm sure you have similar, locally made product in the STates. It's all about keeping your skin moisturised because despite being in the water, funnily enough if you don't dry off properly (and you're always wet on a dive trip!) the excess moisture on the surface of your skin causes it to dehydrate somehow - and please don't ask me how. I used to work in a health spa and will never forget the manager telling me that I should always dry off completely after swimming or else I'd get the 'scaly-leg' look. It's so true...

Hope this helps
:)

OK, do this 2 or 3 days before, but try twezers (sorry about the spelling but I have no idea hou to say, my excuse is English is not my first language).

If you do not have so many hairs, just pull the necesary ones out. this will last long and not make you look red.

I always keep a baseball cap or hat so I do not look so bad after a dive. I guess looks while diving are not that important but we should not scare our finny friends.

good diving

ali

Back
Top Bottom