Ok Ladies! Bikini Line trouble here

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you are an absolute scream... :loopy:

Imagine, ladies, having to wear that as the solution to our bikini line problems... you wouldn't need a weight belt that's fer shur.....

:)
Alison... who's wondering what Joe has been putting in his 'special brew' coffee these days...???

Keralucu,

The coffee is Peets (A coffee shop in Berkeley that has had my patronage for 30 + years. Note the lack of an apostrophe: that is not my error (Of course!), but the way it has been written since the dawn of time. I am drinking my usual--House Blend--made stong, but with a generous "dash" of milk. However , you know, now that you mention it, these new biscotti that I got the other day...people have commented that I seem to be smiling a little more than usual...

Joewr...

(They're not from Amsterdam by any chance??)

You told me about your LCH (local coffee house :)) a while ago, and the house blend sounds wonderful... wish I had one of those around the corner from my office instead of having to suffer instant today (blechhhhhh) because I didn't have time to go and buy coffee beans yesterday... "A latte, a latte, my kingdom for a latte!"

Sorry, everyone for going totally off topic... will stop now...

My two cents on the shaving. I wax my lip so the idea of that kinda pain in the bikini area is just not an option for me. I'm such a whoos. I do the shave thing in the hot shower, but my trick is that I shave WITH the growth of the hair instead of across or against it. I don't get many red bumps unless I stray from my method. I'm gonna have to try the guys "cool water" trick...and I love the braided pigtails idea!! The dive hair is just a disaster!! Has anyone tried a braided pony tail or a french braid down the back??? =-)

I find a French braid doesn't work very well b/c the lump it creates interferes with the mask strap. My hair is very straight and fine (i.e. slippery when wet) and I find that wearing a lightweight good, such as the Henderson Microprene hood, does a lot to prevent slippage. I haven't found that one of those mask strap covers does anything for me.

For the same reason -- straight, fine hair -- when I do wear my hair in a French braid, I do the inside-out version, which tends to stay in place better (you tuck the strands under one another instead of over one another). I suppose if you started this type down low enough for the mask strap to be in place, it would work okay, but my hair isn't long enough for that yet.

The biggest issue I have with diving in salt water is that my hair gets brittle and tangles more easily. That's why I switched over to the type of hair elastic without a metal clip. It does a little less damage over time.

...Barb

Women, shaving your goodies is barbaric, and red bumps are really nasty looking!

I used to race bikes and still do the serious mountain biking thing. I shaved my legs as most bike racers do, but switched to waxing then laser.

Of course the problem with stopping just under the legs of your riding shorts is you look really silly nude.

So between electrolysis originally then laser, I am told I have the bikini line women would die for, lol.

No shaving, no waxing, no red bumps, no ingrown hair. So, try laser and stop shaving and getting red bumps.

Dave,
What's the cost on laser? I'm still doing the wax on a regular bases.
:gorgeous:

Natasha,

It really depends on how much hair you want removed and or thinned. If it is just the edges of the somewhat triangle, figure 10 visits at $50 a visit (L.A. area price)

If you opt for the smooth look with just a little left and that thinned out and made finer, which laser will do, and have your buns done too, figure $100 a visit.

After each visit, the hair will fall out within a week and stay pretty much bare for a couple of months, unlike waxing, which may stay smooth for a couple of week till dormant follicles start their anagen phase (growth phase) penetrate up through the skin and appear. For evey hair one sees, there is 2/3rds more follicles under the skin skin.

Make sure yo go to a place that uses a diode laser made by Lightsheer corp.

If you bargain hard, you can get underarms and everything from the waist down for $200 a visit. If you are near L.A. I can hook you up with a one woman show who is inexpensive.

Sharkbait,

Of course the problem with shaving with the grain is the hair is not shaved off as close.

From a few feet away that is fine but depending on how much is shaved, for the guy it can be like having carnal knowledge with a rabid porcupine.

Some women just get bumps, others don't.

The physiological reason why cold water seems to work for some is because the cold temperature causes the muscle fibers surrounding the follicle to constrict which make the hair stand out-like goose bumps. This allows a closer shave with less pressure and thus less irritation.

It helps hower or soak in warm water first to soften the hairs.

And by the way, if you have had your facial lips waxed, that hurts a hell of alot more han your southern lips waxed because the lips on a persons face has far more nerve endings than their other lips.

Besides, you haven't experienced pain till you try electrolysis.

Thanks Dave. Very good information. I'll have to add laser hair removal to my list of self improvements. I think it will come right after tummy liposuction.
:gorgeous:

Back
Top Bottom