Oly Pt-020 - Broken Bulk Head Connector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The TTL converters
The OLY-TTL converter developed by Matthias Heinrichs makes the accurate steered lightning exposure possible - direct of the camera over their lightning shoe with an external auxiliary lightning picture left a PT15 with IR shows 2 converter receivers, picture on the right of the PT20 with the OLY TTL-C3 converter on C -5060 the converter attached to the lightning connection of the Olympus camera contains a Microprozessor, which translates the digital tax data sent by the camera to external lightning into similar minutes (language), which is understood about lightning. That means:

Over a tension signal the presence of external lightning is signaled by the connection of the converter and lightning to the camera off and the camera switches during correct menu attitude (only external lightning) its own lightning and now sends the tax data to the converter. This runs off as sending and receiving from packets with some KBit/sek. These data are translated by the Konverterprorgamm into the “lightning language” and passed on as control signals to lightning. This minutes are Nikonos minutes that about almost all amphibian lightnings one understands. As a condition it is to be mentioned that lightnings must be equipped with a IGBT Schaltbaustein around the fast lightning sequence of pre and main lightning of the digital cameras to show to be able (a table in addition to find them further down).

PT15 with IR 1 converter receiver PT20 with the OLY TTL-C3 converter on C -5060

For the transmission there are two ways:

The OLY TTl IR converter sends the switching impulses over the infrared transmission diode on the converter plate, by transparent polycarbonate housing, to the converter receiver appropriate outside. This resembles optically the digital adapter, is developed however technically differently. The converter receiver reacts to the infrared impulses of the transmitter and also to light pulses within the visible range. Therefore the “line of sight connection” should be as short and shielded as possible from the environment. Therefore it is a condition that camera lightning is switched off. Otherwise false exposure (Überbelichtungen) arise. The IR transmitter needs a button cell for the current supply of the IR receivers supplies itself from lightning with operating voltage (at least 4 V)

The OLY TTl IR converter is applicable at the following cameras: C 5050, C750, C 5060, and in a special version also at C 4000, as well as at C 4040 (details find they under reports and Tipps).

The OLY TTl C converter needs 4 a adrige interwiring for lightning and thus a lightning socket at the underwater housing. The tax data are transmitted directly and without external influences to lightning. This system works without additional voltage supply and needs to the Iinitialisierung attached lightning-ready lightning after the converter is recognized, is sufficient even the camera for current supply. This system - an interwiring presupposed - is applicable with C 4000, 4040, 5050, 5060, 8080, as well as with C 750 and C 770 of Olympus. The use to digitally the SLR von Olympus yet finally not tested, functioned however with security after firmware an update also.

OLY-TTL-IR1 converter type N/S OLY-TTL-C3 converter with mono/duo connector PT-20/XX
Oly - TTL IR of 2 converters type S/N Nikonos socket with TTL C3 converter
The function of the IR1 and IR2 variants is identically only the design was changed and the IR2 a larger battery capacity the one extended use was gewähleistet

Expiration of the data communication with both variants:
After the converter was connected with the camera and lightning and both is switched on, the converter (with the TTL after C3 reach the lightning readiness) with the tension signal signals its existence. The camera deactivates its internal lightning (if “only externally” adjusted) and/or it permits the lightning use, which closes it with own lightning in the supermacro mode, because that could not reach the object (shading by the objective). Now if an admission with lightning use is taken, the camera sets for one (temporally) firmly defined Vorblitz (measuring lightning) for the measurement of the lighting conditions in. Those is done with Olympus via the objective (TTL). The CCD photograph chip becomes the exposure sensor. Over the exposure measuring modes one can exert influence on the measuring fields and specify the measuring range. After this exposure measurement the camera computes the actual shot, in dependence of the other camera focusing such as screen, exposure time and ISO sensitivity. This packet converts the TTL converters in 64 Leisungsstufen (lightning fuel times) and passes it on to lightning. Thus a genuine TTL steered lightning exposure takes place. The cam of lightning can also still later be changed, in order to make adjustments to different lightnings. The momentarily most current version supports all lightnings tested by us. We are also constantly endeavored to support the different cameras fully extensively. Since however the original Olympus minutes does not admit us is, it can come in rare cases to smaller problems, which we try to repair however as fast as possible.

http://www.heinrichsweikamp.net/blitz/indexe.htm

new_bulkhead.jpg

oem3_5050.jpg

Thanks for the info and link DoubleDip & thereefgeek .

Justleesa I would never have expected you to translate all of that - I got lost in the first paragraph !!! But thanks for the offer .

I have mailed Mike and await his response . Will post the results.

Safe Diving

Andrew

AndyT:
Yes Pleeeeze !!!

Mikes site is at http://www.mike-dive.de/

He lists a part no. UM-PT-20-TTL-C/N which I think is the part I am looking for .
There is also a link to another page in the item description .It would be great if you could help with a brief summary of some sort .

Devilgas - thanks for the info.

Safe Diving

Andrew

Andrew, UM-PT20-TTL-C/N is the kit that consists of a replacement Nikonos bulkhead with the Olympus TTL C3 convertor.

Michael's website may only be in German but his English is pretty good. E-mail him if you have any questions - he is very helpful. He is on holidays from 23/10/2005 to 08/11/2005.

Thanks ReyeR - I didn't know that he was away on holiday , he has always given me a quick response in the past .I mailed him today , I'll just have to be patient :D

Safe Diving

Andrew

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom