Olympus 5050- $429

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Haven't you learned by now that spending each others money is way more fun than spending our own?!?! wink

Imagine how good I must feel today pulling in my driveway after work to see the UPS man leaving a parcel on my doorstep. Yes, you guessed it the camera arrived today.

My son was right on the opening of the package and to my surprise the camera arrived in a box with everything in tact. Including remote, software, batteries, charger, cords and lens cap. Even the site listed this camera as like new minus. JP had to take the first picture with it and I took the second. tonight after hockey practice, JP's not mine I will sit down with the instruction manual for a little education. It does appear though that my camera at least for the things I have tried like deleting pictures and locking and unlocking stuff things look good.

Thanks Ken good call with the suggesstion that KEH is top notch, of course the bad news for you is that I would rather not part company with the camera now. I will also save the information about the camera repair charge that you posted the link for.

Mitten Diver

Mitten...is yours in English?

Hey Mitten,

After seeing the posts on changing mine to english, and looking at several other sites, I figured you would be ok.

:34: I saw the price for mine, and jumped a bit too quick. I got excited and wanted to share the site, because the 5050's and earlier models are getting difficult to find at decent prices.

Mine was just an older model without that capibility, and this was clearly stated on the site.

I'm glad it worked out for you, KEH is a respectable camera shop in a sea of slimy dealers.

Ken

Dee:
Mitten...is yours in English?

Yeah the camera menus are displayed in English, but to tell you the truth it all looks like gibberish to me. To think all I wanted was a simple camera to take a few diving photos with.

I will start a search now for information to help me prepare to start taking pics. I have used the online seminars from the Olympus website, but will be looking for a more educational course. I will probably be looking for a course in photography this spring as well. Since I also got the wife a new camera for christmas, Nikon N75, maybe we will take a course together.

Mitten Diver

I just pruchased my wife the Nikon N75 for her birthday. She is partial to Nikons. I am also interested in getting the Oly C5050 and PT-015 for myself(thanks to Dee and TedJ). However, I am also considering the Nikon 4300 for myself. I would be very interested in anything that you learn. Please let us know what your experiences are.

I love this board!!!

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
:cool1:

Ken,
Make sure you get into the "My Modes" menu and you can use it with the Custom button on top to save a couple of good starter settings like f5.6 @ 1/60, f5.6@1/125, f8 @ 1/60 and f8@ 1/125. Then you can scroll between them as starters. I have found this one of the best features of the 5050.
TedJ

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom