Olympus 5050- $429

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lisa,

Did you already receive this item? I noticed that seller had 0 feedback?

Was the boxed sealed? I know we all start off somewhere, but I seriously doubt this item was BRAND NEW as in never used. some people use them and then box em up in LIKE new conditions.

As a fellow experienced Ebayer I am familar with this practice.

jepuskar:
Lisa,

Did you already receive this item? I noticed that seller had 0 feedback?

Was the boxed sealed? I know we all start off somewhere, but I seriously doubt this item was BRAND NEW as in never used. some people use them and then box em up in LIKE new conditions.

As a fellow experienced Ebayer I am familar with this practice.

Nope, not here yet...I'll let you know as soon as I get it.
BTW, the one that flooded was also from ebay and it was great while it lasted.
Lisa

Hey jep,

$510 is a great price, just make sure you know who you are buying from, some of the internet camera places are pretty shady.

They have the lowest price, but try to make it up on accessories, if you don't buy them, :eyebrow: suddenly the camera is out of stock, or on back order.

B&H is a reputable company, and has a used 5050 for $439. As Gilligan pointed out earlier though, I am not sure what kind of warrantee you would get, other than maybe 7 days to return it.

Ken

jepuskar,

Where did you find it? I am also looking... If they have only one, you can keep it to yourself! But if they have others, can you PM me with the info? Thanks!

MaresMan1:
Let me add my name to the people who have just ordered the Oly C5050Z. Got it for $488 from Priceler. Should be here next Wednesday. This will give me plenty of time to practice with it before next classes. I will probably get the UWH next month and a strobe down the line also.

Thanks for all of the help from everyone (especially Dee and TedJ). Now the fun really begins as I get used to all of the new features and capabilities. I am sure that I will be looking here for more advice down the road.

Thanks again all.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe
:cool1:

Hi there,

Would be interested in your experience purchasing from priceler...Good or bad?

Olympus auctions off their refurbished stuff on Ebay. Sometimes it goes for too much, so you can actually contact them and buy it at a "buy it now" price.

Grade A stuff with a 90 day warranty. The extra 2 year warranty will only cost you about $60.

Works out cheaper in the long run. The "Grade A" stuff is simply returned merchandise that was bought by accident (Christmas present, birthday, etc.)

diver69:
Hi there,

Would be interested in your experience purchasing from priceler...Good or bad?

Diver69,

Have not received anything yet. Their rating on Dealtime was only a 5 out of 10. So I will have to wait and see. So far the status on their site says "in process", no phone tag or schemes as yet. Will let you know as soon as I receive it.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe

MaresMan1:
Diver69,

Have not received anything yet. Their rating on Dealtime was only a 5 out of 10. So I will have to wait and see. So far the status on their site says "in process", no phone tag or schemes as yet. Will let you know as soon as I receive it.

Dive Smart; Dive Safe

Thx MaresMan. Looking forward to your post. Good luck.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom