Olympus 5050- $429

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwickert:
If someone is looking for a 5050, KEH has one for $429. It is used though, but they are a very respectable company.

Ken

KEH.com

I agree that is a good price.

Just bought mine new from B&H for $549. I had shopped and tried a few of the lower priced stores but none had them in stock or had terrible customer service. Better to spend a little more than pay for it later.

KEH is a good company to work with. Based in Atlanta GA. I have bought quite a bit from them also.

Over the years I've spent about $10,000. with these two and have never had any problems that did not get resolved quickly and fairly.

Thomas

Hey Tom,

I just bought a 3030 from them for $179. I spent many, many, hours looking and probably would have went with B&H myself.

My last camera, a 3040 is at the bottom of the ocean :happywave , so I figured if I could save 2 or $300 I would settle for less than the 5050. (it also helped to read Gilligan's comments)

I finally typed in reputable camera stores, It's frustrating you want the lowest price but.... :bonk:

Ken

kwickert:
If someone is looking for a 5050, KEH has one for $429. It is used though, but they are a very respectable company.

Ken

KEH.com

Not anymore!

Mitten Diver

I got my camera, but the menu is all japanese :az:

I am pretty familier with the menu's from my 3040, but manual mode could be challenging.

I was just thinking the instuction manual would be in japanese, but I guess it would stand to reason..... :thumb:

Oh well, live and learn.

Ken

To change the language, Got to....
Setup...last tab on the bottom left in case it's in Japanese!
The second choice on the list is a head with a cartoon text box...that is your language choice. Mine lists English, Francais, Deutch, Espanol

Well, unfortunately this camera doesn't have that option, yet again with the > :happywave

Lol, I may get that 5050 yet. I was so hoping to find it at new egg but just ran out of time I guess.

Still, it was exactly what KEH advertised, and came on time, I just made an assumption :34:

I am pretty sure, at this point I will return it, it's just too much to deal with. They have a 14 day no hassle return policy, so no biggie.

Ken

kwickert:
They have a 14 day no hassle return policy, so no biggie.

Ken

Ken,

Thanks for the tip on the 5050 although it may appear that you should have kept this piece of info to yourself for a little longer. I will be putting the camera through its paces before the 14 day return period.

All I wanted to do was take a few pics of my son James in action for our scrap book. I had been reading every post available trying to determine what would be right for me. I was really thinking of going the way of the SeaLife Pro or maybe the DC300. I even posted on a couple of these decision processes for you the Scuba Board to vote on. It seemed that all were leading me in this direction though so we will see how things go.

I will however be driving my post total up asking questions though. Hey don't blame me you guys and gals talked me into this.

"Yeah that's right Honey I tried to spend less money, but the Scuba Board made me do it!"

Mitten Diver

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom