Olympus Macro Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am in the process of changing from Nikon D7k to E-pl5 and got a weird idea: on the Nikon, I used a 2.8/105mm micro nikkor - which is tack sharp. My heart would bleed seeing this wonderful piece of optics going away... Is it possible to use it adapted, underwater with the e-Pl5 (or any other mft bodies)? Do uw housings allow for adapted, manual lenses? (=big diameter port w. manual focusing gear)

The ports ARE interchangeable between the PT-EP03 and PT-EP05L - so the 60mm will work with the E-PL3 in the PT-EP05L but with the port from the PT-EP03 (or for that matter from the PT-EP01, PT-EP03 or the new PT-EP10)

The service part number (for authorised service centres) for just the port is: VG657900

Rich

Mooseman,
My measurements are pretty accurate and the EPL-2 camera from the face of camera to the glass in the port is very close to 89mm and the length of the 60mm macro is 82mm, so I'm pretty sure that you have 6-7mm clearance to the glasss inside the port. . .
Early next week, my friend is trying the EPL-2 port on the EPL-3 housing with the 60mm macro so he will be able to confirm that combination as well. . .
Bruce

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom