OM-D Rig, Its HEEEEEEERRRRREEEEEE (almost)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Many thanks for all the details Guy. I'll definitely be adding a 45 degree viewfinder to my rig.

Spent most of tonite placing my E-pl2 system in the for sale forum. Will have to wait until the weekend to post photos of the new rig, and the photos that I took with it last week.

OMG, OM-D, here is my Nauty, Nauty system.

Attachments

• OMD system 1.jpg
    OMD system 1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 210
  • OMD system 2.jpg
    OMD system 2.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 205
  • OMD system 4.jpg
    OMD system 4.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 195
  • OMD system 6.jpg
    OMD system 6.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 185
  • OMD system 7.jpg
    OMD system 7.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 184
  • OMD system 10.jpg
    OMD system 10.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 183
  • OMD system 12.jpg
    OMD system 12.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 187
  • OMD system 18.jpg
    OMD system 18.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 194
  • OMD system 19.jpg
    OMD system 19.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 194
NOW: Here are the photos from the "maiden" test dive!

---------- Post Merged at 12:52 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Beautiful setup indeed, congratulations!!

Are you able to adjust the location of the handles and move them away or close to the housing?

Yes it is fully adjustable. Handles move in and out and also forward and back. Camera slides back and forth across tray. Very very flexible.

Attachments

• OMD system 1.jpg
    OMD system 1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 150
  • OMD system 2.jpg
    OMD system 2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 139
  • OMD system 3.jpg
    OMD system 3.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 135
  • OMD system 4.jpg
    OMD system 4.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 133
  • OMD system 5.jpg
    OMD system 5.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 129
  • OMD system 6.jpg
    OMD system 6.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 142
  • OMD system 7.jpg
    OMD system 7.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 143
  • OMD system 8.jpg
    OMD system 8.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 120
  • OMD system 9.jpg
    OMD system 9.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 118
  • OMD system 10.jpg
    OMD system 10.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 121
  • OMD system 11.jpg
    OMD system 11.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 121
  • OMD system 12.jpg
    OMD system 12.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 121
  • OMD system 13.jpg
    OMD system 13.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 130
Hi Guy:
I have the same system, except that I am using Panasonic 8 mm fisheye for W/A. I put my video focus on continuous plus tracking, and it does quite well. I had a lot more trouble getting it to track with the Pan. 45 mm macro, but haven't done much macro video yet, and plan to get an Olympus 60, which may do better I hope.

Best,

Mel

Yes, I will have to keep experimenting with the video. Macro video is the hardest so I don't know if the 60 will be better than the 45 but I will be trying that also. I asked Reef if there were manual focus gears for the 45 but they said not yet. I am going to have them ask Nauticam about coming up with some for macro video work.

Thought about the fisheye, but I like rectlinear better (personal taste) and also the versatility of the zoom. The 7mm view is really amazing but, of course, not 180 deg. One day I hope for a fisheye zoom for the system and I would consider adding that.

Hi Gary, Thanks for posting. Do you have any wide examples with the 7-14? I keep hearing this lens is really soft once placed in the dome port.

Happysnapper,

You would save everyone some time if you read the attached six page link which contains several photos and a video using the lens with the Nauticam six inch port and with other ports. it becomes clear that if you want to nit pick you can find fault with the lens like with any lens. If you use it knowing what to expect you can get outstanding images.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/panasonic-planet/413982-panasonic-7-14-mm.html

Phil Rudin

Back
Top Bottom