OMS Closeouts experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SED

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Has anyone had any recent dealings with the "http://www.omscloseouts.com" site. I placed an order today, but can't contact them to make a change. Kinda suspicious, because replying to their order address sales@omscloseouts.com results in a mail delivery failure, and phone attempts fail with a strange request to enter your own area code and phone number. Anyone else experiencing this?

Has anyone had any recent dealings with the "http://www.omscloseouts.com" site. I placed an order today, but can't contact them to make a change. Kinda suspicious, because replying to their order address sales@omscloseouts.com results in a mail delivery failure, and phone attempts fail with a strange request to enter your own area code and phone number. Anyone else experiencing this?

I've purchased from their 'closeouts' web page before without incident. That said, OMS has never been distinguished by providing even marginal customer services (perhaps one of the reasons they perpetually seem to be circling the drain). Hopefully you paid with a Credit Card and if you don't receive anything you can dispute the charges

WhoIs Lookup info on that site shows that it belongs to OMS. Phone is below.

Registrant:
Ocean Management Systems
John Griffiths
PO Box 146
Montgomery, NY 12549
US
Phone: +1.845-457-1501

I wouldn't buy any of their products, worst customer service and support of anyone in the industry.

Has anyone had any recent dealings with the "http://www.omscloseouts.com" site

Not recently but I have successfully ordered from them in the past... as noted, customer service isn't one of OMS' strong points

Not sure where you are but they won't ship outside the US

I wouldn't buy any of their products, worst customer service and support of anyone in the industry.

I have no concerns about the actual products at all. In fact, the items I've ordered are repeat purchases of gear that I'm very pleased with, and they require little if any post-purchase support.

Just feel uneasy about mail deliveries failing.

I have no concerns about the actual products at all. In fact, the items I've ordered are repeat purchases of gear that I'm very pleased with, and they require little if any post-purchase support

+1. OMS cop a lot of grief about their customer service (probably deservedly so) but IMO the best aftersales support is the one you never need

+1. OMS cop a lot of grief about their customer service (probably deservedly so) but IMO the best aftersales support is the one you never need

It's always struck me that OMS is basically a bunch of divers who want stuff made right for their usage, and then the offer the left over for sale. And then they must be out doing a bunch of diving instead of doing customer support.

But since their stuff is often bulletproof, customer service is not (luckily) necessary so often. OMS bladders are basically the only ones I would buy used. I don't have any other bladders over a couple years old, and I have two OMSs that are 10 and 15 years old and counting.

Dive shops selling their regs, however, often get stuck not being able to service the regs because parts orders take so long.

Now officially "DISCOURAGED." No communication of shipping, tracking number or acknowledgement of change to order. Have to assume that the only message received after the order was placed was an automatically generated reply.

I wouldn't buy anything new from OMS, let alone a closeout. Although, you can't get customer service with their new stuff, so I assume that it's not any different with their closeouts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom