OMS Closeouts experiences?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now officially "DISCOURAGED." No communication of shipping, tracking number or acknowledgement of change to order. Have to assume that the only message received after the order was placed was an automatically generated reply.

You can't say you weren't warned.

It's always struck me that OMS is basically a bunch of divers who want stuff made right for their usage, and then the offer the left over for sale. And then they must be out doing a bunch of diving instead of doing customer support.

Or, they're all in outer space, having achieved escape velocity on a runaway ascent from using their 200 lbs lift elephant-size wing.

It's a lousy company and their products are nothing to write home about, especially compared to the plethora of excellent choices available.

Or, they're all in outer space, having achieved escape velocity on a runaway ascent from using their 200 lbs lift elephant-size wing.

It's a lousy company and their products are nothing to write home about, especially compared to the plethora of excellent choices available.

But see their 200 pound wings actually are bungied so they end up as small as a 20-lb wing.!!

(I have specific reasons for carrying way too much lift on a dive because I need enormous positive buoyancy on the surface. Although people hate bungied wings, I love them.

You can't say you weren't warned.
Actually moody s, I can. If you had read my original post, you would have noticed that an order had been placed prior to any replies, ergo, no warning was possible.
Disappointed to see the thread decay into nattering, but it's not exactly an uncommon occurrence on ScubaBoard.

Actually moody s, I can. If you had read my original post, you would have noticed that an order had been placed prior to any replies, ergo, no warning was possible.
Disappointed to see the thread decay into nattering, but it's not exactly an uncommon occurrence on ScubaBoard.

Yeah, because there aren't plenty of threads on every diving forum detailing their legendary poor customer service. For what it's worth I'm sorry you had a poor experience with them, as for your complaints about nattering, it's about as useful as asking about a company's track record AFTER placing an order with them. Good luck and I hope you find some sort of resolution.

Sorry SED. Let me answer you original question directly without nattering.

Yes, I have had communication problems with OMS. It took months and months to resolve a warranty matter of a new item. (Actually, the warranty matter was never resolved and I just gave up and threw my faulty OMS buoyancy compensator into the trash can.) Often they did not respond to my e-mail inquiries for months at a time. When I called OMS, they claimed that they had no knowledge of the few e-mails that they had sent to me.

Thanks for settling the thread down, Doc. Appreciate your input.

Happy Ending.

OMS informed me on Nov 19 that the original order placed on August 1st was now available and asked if I wished to proceed. Two days later, goods arrived exactly as ordered with free shipping. Even though the cost for two of the items had increased on the website, they honoured the original price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom