Online CPR ok?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zieg: that was the point of my original question and describes my situation. It's a valid question and should not be flamed. In any case, I read the writing on the wall and I'm just about done with the Red Cross online blended certification. The online portion was a snap and saved me hours from that mind-numbing class. I'm going to go do the hands-on portion later today. It'll take 3-4 hours max, and I'm done. I've already passed the written test. It's a real Red Cross certification, but I was able to self-study most of it. Problem solved, and worth the $70 and time saved.

crispix, that is also where I am coming from. Over the years I've taken numerous cpr classes, seems to expire before I know it. But my work schedule is day to day, sometimes hour to hour. I've missed several scheduled cpr classes. They sometimes hold them free of cost here on the base. Someone on one of the vessels stated that everyone in the boathouse was taking online cpr classes. I've kept that in the back of my mind til I read your post. Now I'm thinking. I just quickly checked alittle online and at first glance it appears that the Red Cross does not offer any online skill sessions here in Pamana City. But I'm looking into it. I was a bit leery that there would be no "hands on", but this is different. A 30 day window to get the skills part done could work for me very well. Thanks.

Maybe this is beating the topic to death, but just to follow up: I just completed the hands-on skills and am now CPR certified (again). I have to admit, it's worthwhile to do the hands-on, even for a recertification. I don't think online-only is adequate. I do think the blended course, where you self-study and then show up for just a few hours in person, is a very nice option, and I'll do that again next year.

I realize that. I didn't claim otherwise, here or in Hollywood. I didn't say that you have a better chance of saving someone, I'm saying you are opening the door for a liability suit if you take shortcuts with your CPR cert. And more importantly, these are the kind of issues you are signing up for when you choose to become a dive professional.

You're opening the door for a liability suit by merely becoming a dive professional.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom