OOA/Bent

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ShakaZulu:
Why doesn’t one of our many competent cyber scuba divers do a write-up on gas planning and post it here?

maybe because then lots of people might realize that for a dive to 100 feet, depending on their tank, they'd need to reserve maybe as much as 40% of their gas just to get out of the ocean alive :)

jeckyll:
You mean like lamont in this thread?

I took a felt marker and put the rock bottom times on my dive light (it's bright yellow :wink: ). That way I'm never without them.

Bjorn

Firstly though, his numbers look a little high (for the shallower depths)

Secondly, the post doesn't necessarily show *how* to calculate the numbers. Writing them down is a first step, but wont help you if you have to use a different size tank etc.

limeyx:

Secondly, the post doesn't necessarily show *how* to calculate the numbers. Writing them down is a first step, but wont help you if you have to use a different size tank etc.

You're kidding right?

Have another look at the post I referenced. There is a 2 post long derivation of the numbers ...

Yes, Lamont's writeup is what I was referencing -- I copied it to a text file on my own PC.

Nice, thanks. The two posts, together, make a good pair.

limeyx:

I asked about this on page 5 of that thread, and Lamont addressed that concern.

Steve, how could you have missed it? You're all over that thread!! :07:

I dropped the ball Ayisha, sorry.

You can understand why, as I was busy getting beaten to death on another board by a bunch of Instructors that think taking a new diver with 10 dives including OW training dives out on a deep specialty, and then having (yet another) "unavoidable" incident is just another day at the office! The best part is they can somehow get the student to think it's their fault because they signed the waiver that states diving could be dangerous. Holy farm animal! Is that all I have to do? LOL

If it wouldn't be "****" out here I'd give you my one word description of this type of behaviour.

My advice?

Run away,.............. screaming.

See ya around I'm sure :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom