Oops, left my computer at home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes. Puget Sound walls and reefs, too. Is there something about the geography that makes tables not work?

Tables work fine but in Cozumel, dives are multilevel - 80, 70, 60, 50 40 - maybe using PADI electronic multi level planner you could manage it but using square profile tables, you're on the boat 30 minutes before everyone else. I'd also say that I see people really push NDL limits on dives here, not all but quite a few.

Of course there is. To fully enjoy Cozumel and extend dive times most will be at varying depths throughout the dive. Of course if you want to limit your dive by the deepest penetration, or stay at one level for the whole boring dive, suit yourself.

Dave Dillehay

Of course there is. To fully enjoy Cozumel and extend dive times most will be at varying depths throughout the dive. Of course if you want to limit your dive by the deepest penetration, or stay at one level for the whole boring dive, suit yourself.

Dave Dillehay

I don't think you could table plan a 120 minute 100' to 40' three reef dive with Sharif LOL

I know that many tourists dive without computers there, but that's just follow the DM diving, not at all safe. I tried tables on my first international dive trip 20 years ago to Roatan, and that quickly devolved. Then I bought my first computer. After a few more trips and experiences with instabuddies, I bought a second one I could attach to them if needed.

1. Gee, from some of these comments, it seems like lots of people are very often diving right up to the limit of their computer down here which is pretty easy to do on that 1st deep dives where you can be cruising the same monolithic reef at 110 or 50 ft. Most DM's here seem to run pretty benign dives where if you are in their immediate vicinity you would be fine. the algorithms as you all know vary from computer to computer anyway. sooo, no one dove cozumel prior to the general availability of computers in the 90's? Unless I were planning some special deep dives I wouldn't sweat it. remember back in the day when using the old aqualung meter that supposedly approximated N2 absorption? Still witchcraft in this stuff. just be safe and dive smart.

Back
Top Bottom