Open-Ended Bans?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By way of an apology... Threads like this are important for the community. It's equal parts venting and a desire to understand how we operate. Unfortunately, it hit while I was in passage to the Philippines for two weeks of diving on our yearly Invasion. Right now, I need to get ready for my morning dive, which will be the first of five. I'll try to keep up with this as the week progresses, but please be patient with me. I'm out hunting for creatures I don't get to see in the Keys. Wish me luck. :D :D :D

By way of an apology...Philippines for two weeks of diving on our yearly Invasion. Right now, I need to get ready for my morning dive, which will be the first of five.
Hmmm. Interesting apology. :wink: Really regretting I didn't join the Invasion. :cry:

Ok, didn't know that about specific forum bans. Guess the pm I got from the mod stating it was for one year actually meant indefinitely.

. To paraphrase Spock: the needs of the many outweigh the desires of a few.

That was Spock? Damn, and all along i thought it was Pol Pot

Ok, didn't know that about specific forum bans. Guess the pm I got from the mod stating it was for one year actually meant indefinitely.

Maybe it was some sort of metric year?

I miss Marcia.

I am completely naive when it comes to moderating and SB is the only forum I participate in so no comparisons. I understand the difficulty with deciding when to punish but it seems punishment should be pretty straightforward and consistent across subforums. Something as simple as warning first offense, 1 month time out second offense, three months third and then permaban.

Is there someone I could send a list of forums I would like to be banned from or do I just have to piss off various mods one at a time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom