Open Source Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had the same thought process as you. Start small and add to it. I built this with a teensy board which is compatible with Arduino. It has a digital readout for the compass and ppo2 for 2 oxygen cells. I never did finish a housing and had trouble coding the piezos I was using as buttons.

I had the same thought process as you. Start small and add to it. I built this with a teensy board which is compatible with Arduino. It has a digital readout for the compass and ppo2 for 2 oxygen cells. I never did finish a housing and had trouble coding the piezos I was using as buttons.

VERY COOL! Yeah. I'm working on the housing first. The arduino stuff wont be too much of an issue for me. What is the expect life span running on a 150 mAH battery (if you know)?

OSTC stands for Open Source Tauchcomputer (Tauchen = diving in german) btw., not technical or trimix. :wink:

OSTC stands for Open Source Tauchcomputer (Tauchen = diving in german) btw., not technical or trimix. :wink:

LOL! Good to know. I just got that from another post I read. :D Still in the same ball park lol

VERY COOL! Yeah. I'm working on the housing first. The arduino stuff wont be too much of an issue for me. What is the expect life span running on a 150 mAH battery (if you know)?
Not a clue. I'm sure it would be easy to figure out an approx burn time. The screen is an oled so it hardly uses any.

I've got some experience with microcontrollers and SoC and also thought something like this would be fun in addition to a reliable dive computer. If SB people started working on something like this I'd like to be a small part of it.

I've got some experience with microcontrollers and SoC and also thought something like this would be fun in addition to a reliable dive computer. If SB people started working on something like this I'd like to be a small part of it.

Very cool. Right now I'm just designing the case. Trying to work out if adding a button would be worth it, and if so, how to achieve that to maintain water seals.

Reactions: vam
Very cool. Right now I'm just designing the case. Trying to work out if adding a button would be worth it, and if so, how to achieve that to maintain water seals.

You can add button shaft with orings, or, magnetic button without hole.

You can add button shaft with orings, or, magnetic button without hole.

" button shaft with orings " is what i was looking for. I think a magnetic button without a hole would cause an issue with my magnetometer (compass).

I think the biggest barrier will be cost. I don't believe there is a complete simulator available so we'd all have to buy one or more of these computers.

That said, we could just fork the mainline and play on.

Back
Top Bottom