Open Water Classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My classroom stuff and inwater stuff all kind of went together...do most organisations run it as classroom stuff then inwater fun???

Taltoz....good luck on the classroom stuff, when you submerge its all worth it. Keep us posted on how your going!

Originally posted by ScubaBaby
My classroom stuff and inwater stuff all kind of went together...do most organisations run it as classroom stuff then inwater fun???

Taltoz....good luck on the classroom stuff, when you submerge its all worth it. Keep us posted on how your going!

I think it probably depends on how the class is set up. My class was all done in one week. Mon, Wed & Fri were classroom, Tue & Thu in the pool. Then the open water dives 3 saturday and 1 sunday!

Haven't looked back since!

Congratulations on your decision and welcome to the world of diving from Arizona All beach and no ocean..

Who knew that The Godfather could have been such a prophetic movie. Lucco Brachi (sp) swims with the fishes. Little did he know we all forgot the guy they killed and took up the rest of the sentence!

Long live the diving community!

Diving - A world with no borders and no political agenda!

Last night was our final classroom session and test. I am proud to say that the entire class passed on the first try. Monday will start the pool sessions so here we go...

Originally posted by Taltoz
Last night was our final classroom session and test. I am proud to say that the entire class passed on the first try. Monday will start the pool sessions so here we go...

See we told you that you could do it Taltoz, now comes the easy part, the water training! This is also the fun part! Just kick back (or forwards as the case may be) and enjoy!

Ok. First pool session down and everything went great. No one in the class had any major problems. We did the swim test (and it was fun to watch some of the other students swim on their backs, not watch where they were going and swim in circles instead of doing straight laps), put the gear together and on, cleared masks, etc. It was a blast. The only problem was that since the class was in the evening and the weather is starting to cool down they had us all wear shorties. This was fine for me but my wife nearabout froze. So for the next class they have her a 3mil to wear under her shortie. Can't wait for the weekend for our checkout dives. Later folks,

Taltoz
RPD

So who'd ya blast with your snorkel??

No one really got "blasted". My snorkel is one of those dry kind so it is hard to aim. Guess I need some more practice...

Originally posted by Taltoz
No one really got "blasted". My snorkel is one of those dry kind so it is hard to aim. Guess I need some more practice...

It's okay you are still new at this and haven't figured out it is more fun to carry a super soaker 300 instead of a snorkel anyway!

Love to blast people in the head when they are 30-40 feet away then yell "did you see those flying fish?"

Back
Top Bottom