Open Water Classes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok. Here's the latest update. We have completed the pool sessions and are all set for our checkout dives this weekend. The last pool session went great. My wife had some problems with the buoyancy excercise but I (and the instructor) think it is because she was over weighted. I had no problems and by the end of the night was able to control my buoyancy and even make myself ascend from the bottom of the pool to the surface just by using my breathing.

Anyway, we are heading out to cyprus springs and Panama City for our checkout dives so I will check back in with yall on Monday.

Taltoz
RPD

Taltoz, If you are like a lot of people you will not like the feeling of breathing underwater at first. I felt almost panic stricken and stood back up and got a breath of "real" air before going back down. My thoughts were that I wanted this for so long and was wrong, "I hate this!" By the end of the evening I was staying under as long as possible and taking the long route to the ladder so that I could enjoy it longer! I have never had such a change of heart and then back again that fast about anything in my life. If you don't feel comfortable at first, come up and get relaxed and then do it again. Don't rush things and just learn to relax and enjoy it. Soon you will be wondering why you didn't do this right after you learned to walk.

Good luck and happy diving, you'll do just fine.

Later, Hawk.

Ok, who put a second page here without me realizing it? Now the above post is completely useless. Oh well.

Later, Hawk.

Ok folks. We finished up yesterday and are now certified. We did three dives at Cyprus Springs and two at Panama City. Cyprus had excellent vis and nice platforms for us to perform our skills on. The spring had some great flow too so that we really cool to feel. We finished up our skills on the first dive in Panama City at the Loss Pontoon leaving our second dive on the USS Strength just for fun. The Strength was by far my favorite dive. The see life there was amazing. We saw thousands of baitfish, tons of other fish I have not had a chance to look up, and even a moon jellyfish. The dive group that was surfacing when we arrived reported seeing a 400 pound jewfish but we never located him. All in all a great trip and I cannot wait to get wet again.

Taltoz

Originally posted by Taltoz
Ok folks. We finished up yesterday and are now certified. We did three dives at Cyprus Springs and two at Panama City. Cyprus had excellent vis and nice platforms for us to perform our skills on. The spring had some great flow too so that we really cool to feel. We finished up our skills on the first dive in Panama City at the Loss Pontoon leaving our second dive on the USS Strength just for fun. The Strength was by far my favorite dive. The see life there was amazing. We saw thousands of baitfish, tons of other fish I have not had a chance to look up, and even a moon jellyfish. The dive group that was surfacing when we arrived reported seeing a 400 pound jewfish but we never located him. All in all a great trip and I cannot wait to get wet again.

Taltoz

Congrats! It is a cool feeling when you pass, you know that you have survived! It is a lot more work than one would think, but well worth it!

Welcome to the Diving Family!

Welcome to the world down under.

Back
Top Bottom