Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn, have an October trip to Ambon booked and was hoping it might still happen. Will wait for it to be official, but I suspect its gone. Good time to dive locally, but just not the same :(
My September trip on Damai (Komodo), and both of my trips in October (Banda and Forgotten Isl) on the Dewi Nusantara were officially cancelled this week. I was really hoping for better news, but the logistics of trying to plan a 6 week trip with so many loose ends was super scary. Dewi has really stepped up to the plate with their handling of the whole situation. We actually had a March trip cancelled with them as well. I know deep down that travel, especially from the US, is not smart right now so I really respect Indonesia's hesitation/decision. I really feel for the operators and will have to make it up to them asap!! I will still keep my fingers crossed for a New Years trip...

My September trip on Damai (Komodo), and both of my trips in October (Banda and Forgotten Isl) on the Dewi Nusantara were officially cancelled this week. I was really hoping for better news, but the logistics of trying to plan a 6 week trip with so many loose ends was super scary. Dewi has really stepped up to the plate with their handling of the whole situation. We actually had a March trip cancelled with them as well. I know deep down that travel, especially from the US, is not smart right now so I really respect Indonesia's hesitation/decision. I really feel for the operators and will have to make it up to them asap!! I will still keep my fingers crossed for a New Years trip...

Samambaia has not yet cancelled. Still hoping it will go ahead, but realistically doubt it at this point. Even if it does I am going to have to get there. At the moment my flight from Inchon to Jakarta leaves before my flight from Vancouver to Inchon leaves. Flights keep getting changed. Will sort it all out once/if Indo opens.

I am kind of hoping it will all just get rescheduled for 2021.

Good luck on a New Year trip.

That trip sounds amazing and right up my alley, and I think also @Darnold9999 's and @chillyinCanada . :D

That trip sounds amazing and right up my alley, and I think also @Darnold9999 's and @chillyinCanada . :D

I have been on the Dewi. I loved the boat. The food was horrid.

I haven't heard that that has changed, not that that means anything.

The rooms are fabulous. I don't know why the boat only had 12 divers but it was great because all of the singles got their own rooms.

I have been on the Dewi. I loved the boat. The food was horrid.

Dewi food?

We loved the food on the Dewi.

If someone didn’t like what was on the menu, they prepared something special for them

What didn’t you like?

The vegans and sorts were all happy and cleaned their plates

We ate everything they put in front of us

Can’t wait to go back

Maybe Brink will be on board for our next trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom