Orbitz Promo Code?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robbcayman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm about to book my trip.. does anyone know if Orbitz has a code right now? Thanks. :D

Orbitz extended TRAVEL100 to March 31 2012, altho it may have been extended...?

Fishi furnished that one. :thumb:

I really appreciate it!!!

I was just on Orbitz and noticed they have a new booking site,anyone see were to put in the promo code?
Capture.JPG

Anyone could do that Don.I was involved in a 2 hour online survey with Orbitz several months
ago to help decide what users wanted and this doesn't look like anything we were shown.Anyway if you book online there is a 25 dollar fee.Was really just thinking I was missing it and someone could give me a quick answer,honestly I know more about travel then most of the online agents I have ever spoken to.

Anyone could do that Don.I was involved in a 2 hour online survey with Orbitz several months ago to help decide what users wanted and this doesn't look like anything we were shown.Anyway if you book online there is a 25 dollar fee.Was really just thinking I was missing it and someone could give me a quick answer,honestly I know more about travel then most of the online agents I have ever spoken to.
Wellll then, I guess you know more than I do too. :crafty: But since neither of us knows where it goes in the new booking layout,and you don't want to phone, I did

They try to sneak in their trip insurance as an automatically added option. I had to look around to see where to take that off as I feel Trip Insurance should always be booked other than with the sales site.

They used to automatically add overprice Ground Transfers, but it looks like they have stopped done that at least. I am leery of buying any extras when I book with Orbitz.

Where did you hear about a $25 additional fee? I don't know of one and the phone agent said there is not one, so am I missing something?

So she said the Discount Code goes in on the page with your credit card info. I had to complete some booking pages to get that far, but yeah - you'll see it on the page.

I had to go back on a page to make some changes, and when I did - I lost some info and choices, so be careful. It'd probably be easier to phone, but it can be done online yeah.

So on the page where you put in your credit card info, you finally get a chance to put in the discount code, but you have to click Promotion code to open the box. (click any of these pics to enlarge)..
Capture.JPG

After adding the Travel100 discount code, you need to click Apply & Reprice
Capture 2.JPG

Then you get this confirmation...
Capture 3.jpg

But look off to the right of that to be sure the charges and discounts are correct. It kept trying to sneak in their Trip Insurance. The TRAVEL100 applied -$100.00 should also be confirmed there in red. So, I hope that better answers your question - but I am still curious about your mention of a $25 booking fee? :confused:

Last edited:
Hi Don ,thanks for the answer.I really thought I was just missing something simple and somebody would have a quick answer.I have been told there is a 25 dollar fee several times when trying to book with agent on phone.I really like to book online directly with the carrier as you can manipulate fare buckets and flights easily using ITA,but you usually just can't beat an Orbitz package deal with promo coupon.
Orbitz has just added La Casona Real in Cozumel which is a really nice hotel downtown around the corner from the supermarket on 30th.

Have you stayed at La Casona Real? Since it's popped up on Orbitz, we've considered it, but hadn't pulled the trigger yet. Looks basic, but nice, and the location is good. Hearing directly from someone who's stayed there would be great.

I have stayed there and you are right it is a basic hotel run by a very nice family.Place is spotless and clean,staff is good and for me the loation is great.Hot water was adequate not great but like most other downtown hotels.Our January trip we are trying Suites Vima on 10th and will post a report when I get back.

Back
Top Bottom