Orientation of new DIN reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turret is placed down when diving single tank. Reg hoses off the right side. Inflator, dry suit, HP off the left side. Turret down helps to protect hose to 1st connections.

When diving doubles in overhead, turret is placed on the inside. All hoses come out of bottom. Gives a lower profile and protects them.

That's the way I dive DINs

I am confused, is there a difference between single tank and doubles turret orientation in your method?

I am confused, is there a difference between single tank and doubles turret orientation in your method?
Yes is is. In overhead I turn the 1st stage sideways and run the hoses out of the bottom of the turret.. This protects the hoses, makes for better hose routing and gives the 1st stage a lower profile and helps a prevent entanglement with guide lines in silt out conditions in my opinion. Its the way I have always been diving them.

I single tank diving, the only way to make for good hose routing it have them at the bottom.

Kind of related....... but my HP120''s and 102's have the angled up tank valves that for me just make hose routing and "head banging" generally a no issue. Does anyone still make these angled valves?

ZspIjUD.jpg

YL5klNu.jpg

Kind of related....... but my HP120''s and 102's have the angled up tank valves that for me just make hose routing and "head banging" generally a no issue. Does anyone still make these angled valves?

ZspIjUD.jpg

YL5klNu.jpg
I recently acquired 3 for SideMount. My thinking is the 1st stage might jam into my sides less, but I haven't had a chance to dive with them yet.

I'm in the process of switching to long hose primary donate and found this useful regarding orientation

Pic attached.

Necklaced reg on left.
Longhose reg on bottom.
Inflator on the right. Really should have used flex for the inflator.

Attachments

• 20230214_185936.jpg
    20230214_185936.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 63
Interesting. I came away from my first time doing this with the same feeling. I'll be test driving it with miflex inflator next week. I know some will jump on that as worse from a kinking chance. I'm flying to FL and choosing to go more flexible/lighter for travel.

Here's an example of that material I was talking about used to wrap the hoses together.

(I'm not endorsing the brand, product, etc ... it's just the first example I found on amazon).
Here's a pic of the hose wrap in application...... This is my back mount 19cf Pony reg set-up.

xwcxhDU.jpg

Are some divers setting up with the tank valve opening facing away from them to the back?

Thanks!
As a simple "reminder".......I was taught and also always taught "Air to Hair"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom