oxygen tanks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I WILL GUESS THAT IF YOU COULD GET THEM to accept a valve you will be hard pressed to find a shop that will fill them. if you have access to a private compressor that is another story. I would not use them for scuba but they may be ok for your car suspension if you are into that. I would bet that these modified tanks will be the talk of the day at your hydro shop. I will not continue with the obvious as i have probbably already deviated too far from the op.s ?

---------- Post Merged at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Ya might want to reread the post, Wookie said to rework the VALVE not the tank so a hydro shop would be looking at a standard, unmodified tank, exactly like dozens of others they see every day. Still, reworking the valve would not be cost effective. That said, IF he can find a standard scuba valve, there is no reason at all for these not to be put back into scuba service. The biggest issue I see is making sure some nutjob on the fill whip gets the fill pressure right.

Thank you for the quick responses.As I mentioned---just found this site,it has already been a help,and entertaining ! I have yet to pull the valve---hope to get at it early next week---fwiw----old valve is sealed w/ teflon.I ended up w/ a dozen of these at an auction for next to nothing---sold 2 to cover entire cost.If I can find valves my intent is not to put them in a critical app---just shallow water dips.
Thanks again
tfan

LeisurePro has your valves right here. I think $74 is kinda spendy for a cylinder that only holds a few cubic feet, but YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom