Padi dive master swim test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wizard1325

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a question about this swim test that's unclear to be in the book.

1. 400m swim can you do back strokes or does your chest have to be pointed to the water?

2. 15m tread my question is can you float on your back?

The 400 is any stroke or combination of strokes. Your choice. Tread water, float or drown proof the only things that matter are not touching the side of the pool and hands out of the water the last two minutes. The worst part for me was the 400m swim. After six shoulder surgeries I am no Michael Phelps. The rest is fairly easily managed.
RichH

2 minutes with your hands out of the water or the whole entire arm? God darn that sounds hard as hell. I can do 8 minute tread with hand and arms in the water and thats tuff enough shoot

Find a video of egg beater kick. I learned in water polo. It's awkward as hell to start but once you get it you can tread for hours with hands out of the water.

Any stroke, or combination of strokes for the swim test.

15 min tread water/float with only the hands out of the water for the last 2 minutes

ok doesnt really answer my question ill try to make it more simple

can I float on my back for the 15 minute tread? Yes or no?

Can I do back strokes? Yes or no?

How do these posts not answer your questions?

The 400 is any stroke or combination of strokes. Your choice. Tread water, float or drown proof the only things that matter are not touching the side of the pool and hands out of the water the last two minutes

Any stroke, or combination of strokes for the swim test

This reading thing is more difficult than I thought :shocked2:

2 minutes with your hands out of the water or the whole entire arm? God darn that sounds hard as hell. I can do 8 minute tread with hand and arms in the water and thats tuff enough shoot

It says "hands" and means "hands".

As you become a DM or higher level professional, don't get in the mindset of trying to read more into the Standards, etc. than is there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom