padi dive table

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JeffG:
Different worlds

$2200 Drysuit
$1000 Main Regs
$1500 Backgas tanks
$800 Stage Regs
$500 80 and 40 stage bottles
$4000 Scooter
$2600 Extra Hull and batteries for scooter
$1200 Primary Light
$250 2 Backup lights
$225 Fins
$700 Single BC and wing
$400 Doubles wing

and I'm not going to talk about camera (video or still) or the extra canistar light or extra doubles wing that I own or the extra set of back gas tanks or the set of 2 single tanks

Damn Jeff, for $15,375, I would buy the $1700 set of gear, buy a ticket to Indonesia or the Philippines, stay for two years and dive my ***** off. :D You cold water divers are a different breed.

Diesel298 im 18 years old i could barley afford to pay for my course and get my gear... i have a truck payment plus insurance. ever cent i can save helps, im also a full time student working a part time job... so you gotta understand where im coming from...

and i dont think i should have to pay another 15$ for a chart from a course after just paying 575$ TO DO THE COURSE and not get to keep the book or chart.... and i have no problem paying hte 5$ for a air fill.

Brand0n:
Diesel298 im 18 years old i could barley afford to pay for my course and get my gear... i have a truck payment plus insurance. ever cent i can save helps, im also a full time student working a part time job... so you gotta understand where im coming from...

and i dont think i should have to pay another 15$ for a chart from a course after just paying 575$ TO DO THE COURSE and not get to keep the book or chart.... and i have no problem paying hte 5$ for a air fill.

I guess either PADI is getting cheaper, or your instructor ripped you. When I took open water, the fees included the crew kit which had the book, tables, and some other stuff, log book I think (cheapie). Then again, that was 1987......and I was in a similar situation as you are in. Didn't have any money, putting myself through college, and working at a gas station while all my college buddies were partying. When I had days off, I spent them at Willow Springs Quarry and Bainbridge Quarry.....then I graduated college, got a real job, went nuts with this diving stuff, and I am still broke! But I do have some pretty cool stuff.....well a lot of pretty cool stuff.

Don't be too offended by all these posts, these cranky ol' geezers forget what its like to be young and broke sometimes.....I feel your pain. Do what you have to in order to get by, and keep diving! Take your advanced open water as a PE elective if your college offers it, mine did. Can you imagine 3 semester credit hours for taking advanced open water? Can you imagine stretching the classroom on that class out over a semester? We spent a lot of time in the pool. Learned a lot though. When you get done with college, then you can buy your own set of air tables, and all the other tables you will need once you get addicted to this wacko sport.

Brand0n:

Then with all due respect to you, perhaps you ought to reprioritize your values. All the things you listed are choices; nothing is a life event like shelter, food, climate-appropriate clothing, etc.

I'd be interested to understand why you son't have your course materials, though.

They didnt let us keep the course materials. for 575$ i think they should.. and gary my values are priortized... im not gonna spend 15$ on a dive table im gonna spend it towards gas probley. i think my local dive instructer is maken enough off me already. screw giving him another 15 for that chart.

Brand0n:
They didnt let us keep the course materials. for 575$ i think they should.. and gary my values are priortized... im not gonna spend 15$ on a dive table im gonna spend it towards gas probley. i think my local dive instructer is maken enough off me already. screw giving him another 15 for that chart.
That to me seems a bit steep (of corse good training is priceless). I was certified this year also. The class was $200 and I got to keep the crewpack (book, logbook and RDP). When I signed up I was handed the crew pack. Now, I did have to buy mask fins and snorkel so the total was about $500. On top of that $200 for checkout dives. It would not bother me if the class was more expensive but I have to admit that it would irk me to not have a table after. Then again I know a few that have never looked at tables after class because they had a computer.

BrandOn,
Did the course costs include open water boat dives?
When you purchased the PADI crew pack the contents that came with it are yours. You bought it, it belongs to you. If the instructor kept them, then he STOLE them.

Perhaps you should call the dive shop and inquire about this matter. Or, if you like, I'd be happy to do it for you.

I think I missed my calling. I think I should have been some type of consumer advocate.

the K

Brand0n:

Besides, you can download this shareware: http://www.scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=TableTutor and just pop the tables up on your computer. And if you want, go into the c:\tbltutor directory, and all the tables are there as bmp files. Just print them off... laminate them if you want. There are 9 different table formats, metric and imperial, air and nitrox.

And BTW, I offer the software free for scuba board members, so just pm or email me your shareware number after you install it and I'll set you up with an unlock code for free.

Larry, you rock !!!

the K

no the 575$ did not include any boat dive i had two dives from a beech.
im starting the advanced course now and thats another 575$
autont.exe error when trying to run the charts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom