Padi Dm

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coberry7:
Sounds like you needed a better instructor!
Yup. I figured it out on my own, though. Eventually.
And even passed the test :wink:
coberry7:
What level of instruction and testing are you talking about? DM or instructor?
DM. I have absolutely NO interest in being an instructor.

coberry7:
Snowbear,

Sounds like you needed a better instructor! You went into the IE without any knowledge of the wheel? What level of instruction and testing are you talking about? DM or instructor?

Colin Berry

Colin,

These days knowledge of the wheel is a prerequisite for DM.

R..

Snowbear, I agree with coberry7....For DM training, you need to have knowledge of using the wheel (a dandy device after you learn to use it if I say so myself) your instructor should not only know how to teach you how to use the wheel they should have the $45 toy, along w/ video.

sangria:
Snowbear, I agree with coberry7....For DM training, you need to have knowledge of using the wheel (a dandy device after you learn to use it if I say so myself) your instructor should not only know how to teach you how to use the wheel they should have the $45 toy, along w/ video.
Oh, he had the toy. He even let me borrow it to teach myself how to use it :wink: I didn't see any video, though. It's been awhile since then, but I bet I could still plan a dive using the wheel. If I had to. Or wanted to. But actually, I've found an easier way to do it "on the fly," so to speak....

I wouldn't worry too much about knowing how to use the wheel beforehand as the course will teach you how to use it if you don't already know.

Colin,

These days knowledge of the wheel is a prerequisite for DM.

R..

Yeah, I know! I was surprised to hear about an instructor so out of date, nprofessional, and irresponsible that he acted like he did with Snowbear. If Snowbear had said IDC I would have really been blown over. (The possibility existed that he might have become a divemaster a while back before the whell prerequisite. I don't know when it became mandatory to teach it for DM, though.)

Of course, my personal feelings about the wheel are immaterial...Still gotta teach and learn it..

Thanks,

Colin Berry

1/2 hour with the weel and the book and you'll have it licked. Few use them because few want to buy them. Most divers only use them for taking exams. The thing was pretty much a bust.

Its not a big deal just a few readings and you will remember it. Since you are looking forward to make a DM then you should have done the O/W exam. So few readings and you will be fine

Back to the original topic, I just took the physics exam last night--missed one dammit! I just kept shoveling the sections on physics in the Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving and Knowledge Workbook (both computer versions) into my head until the information stopped pouring back out. And yes, the lack of multiple choice is very disheartening. You'll need to know most of the formulas you'll encounter in the resources mentioned above. Enjoy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom