PADI MSD Form?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iztok

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK, I completed Rescue Class as well as O2 provider specialty that gave me 5 specialties, AOW, over 50 dives and Rescue class.

Instructor mentioned that MSD for is on PADI site but I can't find it.

I have two questions...

Where can I find electronic form for MSD so I can fill it in from my end and then take it to the instructor to verify and complete the rest?

Do I have to have permanent cards to complete the application or can instructor examine my temporary cards and my logs and verify with another instructor who did some of my specialties?

Your instructor should be able and look up your cert numbers if your give him your full name used on your cert cards and also your Birthday.

Congrats on your MSD status. Like they said, just fill out the form and send it in (and pay the processing fee, of course!).

So I have to wait for PADI to receive all my PIC cards so far before I can send for MSD? This could take few weeks since Rescue and O2 will be sent this week. Then few more weeks before they process my application? This means my chances to get it before Nov 5th are slim to none :( (I am heading to Thailand to dive there few days.)

Iztok, you might want to call the PADI certification desk and see if it is possible to send the MSD form in along with the Rescue and O2 ((800) 729-7234). Just curious, is there a reason you need it for Thailand?

Iztok, you might want to call the PADI certification desk and see if it is possible to send the MSD form in along with the Rescue and O2 ((800) 729-7234). Just curious, is there a reason you need it for Thailand?

I guess I could just show the copy of the MSD application and all other cards I should have received. Basically I was told that they base dive plans on diver experience and certification. Hence it would be good to have it.

You're AOW with Nitrox that's all they really need...

If you want then you can show your Rescue & Nitrox Card...

I'm getting my MSD Card but I'll admit it isn't like you get recgonition for more advanced diving with MSD versus AOW or Rescue.

I've heard of some places asking for Deep or Wreck for certian dives but that's just ancidotal internet chatter, usually AOW & Nitrox are the two most usefull C-Cards for a vacationing diver.

You're AOW with Nitrox that's all they really need...

If you want then you can show your Rescue & Nitrox Card...

I'm getting my MSD Card but I'll admit it isn't like you get recgonition for more advanced diving with MSD versus AOW or Rescue.

I've heard of some places asking for Deep or Wreck for certian dives but that's just ancidotal internet chatter, usually AOW & Nitrox are the two most usefull C-Cards for a vacationing diver.

Well I do have Deep & Wreck as well.

When does one officially become MSD? The day you complete all requirements, the day you submit application for MSD, or the day PADI sends you the card or something else?

Well I do have Deep & Wreck as well.

When does one officially become MSD? The day you complete all requirements, the day you submit application for MSD, or the day PADI sends you the card or something else?

I would say when PADI finishes processing the paperwork!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom