PADI MSD Form?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Note that if you want to dive Nitrox you will still get asked for your Nitrox card, unless you request that PADI include the specialty on the MSD card. Just having an MSD card does not wave some of the other training that a dive operator might want before taking someone on an advanced or specialized dive. An MSD card will probably only get you recognition as being at or above the training level of AOW.

When does one officially become MSD? The day you complete all requirements, the day you submit application for MSD, or the day PADI sends you the card or something else?

How about the day listed as "Certification Date" on the PADI MSD Application Form?

OK, I am in US. Where do I need to send MSD app to?

Does Basic/Intro Cave diver Qualify for a specialty course? or Advanced Nitrox?

Does Basic/Intro Cave diver Qualify for a specialty course? or Advanced Nitrox?

Is the training through PADI?

Some would also argue that the PADI MSD card is merely a marketing ploy. If you have completed five specialty courses successfully you received a card for each course, what exactly does the MSD card signify? That you bought the card?

Don't loose sleep over getting your MSD card before Thailand. It's doubtful anyone will care, really. (Showing it to some people might even be a strike against you.) Unless you specifically know that some op requires some specialty card for a specific dive, which is highly doubtful, take your AOW and Nitrox cards and forget about the rest. Some ops will require AOW for certain dives and others won't care. They'll typically want to see a Nitrox card if you're going to dive Nitrox. They'll probably ask how many dives you have but take it with a grain of salt as people can lie and it doesn't always mean anything. Then, they're going to take one look at what you're like in the water or if you try and put your gear together backwards, and that will trump any cards.

Even if someone required something like a Deep card, a MSD card will do you no good as PADI does not list the specialties taken on the MSD card. That's one of the problems with a PADI MSD card, for all someone knows your 5 specialties were 5 variations of FishID.

The MSD form also needs to be signed off by a padi instructor. So filling out the form yourself and sending it in will not be enough. Youll want to contact your instructor and have him complete the form then provide it to you to send in.

If you send it in with out an instructor sign off it will be denied and returned to you.

Drop me a line if you need additional information.

Eh.... I ask for where to send and I get all sorts of comments about various things. But noone actually told me where to send :(

Yes I filled in all the information and I did have instructor verify it and sign it. I even managed to find address (from PIC form).

Usually an Instructor will take care of that for you when he signs it???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom