Padi Pic Card?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, part of what you pay for your course goes to PADI for the c-card and if you lose it you have to pay to get a new one, IIRC

so what is this guy sellig on ebay?

The PIC is purchased from PADI by the instructor or dive center and is what PADI uses to process a certification card. That is how PADI gets paid to process the card. PADI sells the PICs to members and normally this is included in your course fee. Sometimes when doing a referral the receiving instructor requires you to bring a PIC with you or they will charge you for it. Most of the time, the referring instructor will charge you a referral fee which includes the PIC as well. Some dive centers now process certifications electronically - they purchase what is called a "PIC online".
The paper PIC still requires an instructor signature whether you provide your own PIC or the instructor provides it, the instructor will still have to sign.

As for the one on e-bay, notice the $9.96 shipping charge for a piece of paper.... Geesh....

adjuster-jd:
As for the one on e-bay, notice the $9.96 shipping charge for a piece of paper.... Geesh....
That is a way for the seller to bump his minimum selling price and avoid commissions = rip off.

I'd be leery of buy anything from that dealer.:shakehead:

For replacement cards, Padi seems to accept any reasonable close up pic that looks like it's the same person as the ones they have on record - hats not allowed, I dont think. I wanted to use my Mask-on-forehead pic but I knew that would never fly.

Nothing is free, not even your driver license.

RoyN:
Nothing is free, not even your driver license.
Well, people might say the diving cert is gonna cost you, but man do I spend a lot on the drivers license as well.. Gas, insurances, cars, food when I drive. And I would of course do lots less diving without a drivers license too, so in turn I can blame my diving expences too on my drivers license :rofl3:

Well, that's a pretty reputable dealer here in the Sacramento area. I'll admit the pricing seems quite high. I paid $19.95 for mine. Just get it when you do your cert at your LDS.

porsche060:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PADI-PIC-Positi...sPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

What is this? Does padi charge extra for an application for a padi card? Isn't this crap free?

Hmm...... Dont get me wrong here guy's but I wonder if Mike Johnston (owner of Dolphin) Is aware of the e-bay site or is it his???

I am an Instructor for Dolphin and a good friend of Mike so I will check with him as I helped him get started with scubaboard.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom