Panasonic GF1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Probably I would like to buy Inon S2000 strobe also. Will it work correctly?

Yes, the Inon S2000 strobe works with the Panasonic GF1 using optically fired s-TTL, but it only works reliably when I use the fibre optic cable to link it.

Thanks anferney

As for now, its the only lens that we can use underwater if we intend to have a fish eye angle. I dun think the kit lens 14-45mm could do much underwater.

But having said that, using the 7-14mm is easy and the distortion and the edge around the port is because of the small port (Inon 6in port) that i'm using.

I dun have the same problem on land. But still , it will produce good and vibrant color with two strobes. anferney i will try to send in the big unedited file to you.

The lovely about the G Vario lens is they are produce same line with the Leica's with same material and standard. i've been to their Yamagata factory in Japan. Only Leica lens will be having more stringent test but as for standard, material, process and technology, they are the same.

nikitich

Sorry cant answer ur quest. But as for Nautilus housing, they are using Inon macro port and can put on the UCL165 M67.

But having said that, using the 7-14mm is easy and the distortion and the edge around the port is because of the small port (Inon 6in port) that i'm using.

Ok that's great news thanks - I'm 90% sure I'll buy the 7-14mm lens until the 8mm becomes available. I can't imagine using a camera underwater without wide angle...

Do you know if there's a bigger Inon dome available which will help with the distortion problems? On Inon's website I can only see a 162mm (6.4 inch) dome lens.

Thanks!

Hi mybobo, could you let me know where can we buy the Nautilus housing? and how much for the housing and the ports?

Understand Seatool has a housing out also...or will soon. Been told it will be $1800. They will have a dome for the 7-14, and obviously the 45 mm macro. Very, very tempting to get.

Don't think the other lens that are currently available are of much value for underwater use, although the 14 - 140 is a nice land lens.

There are some detailed pics of the INON GF1 housing available on FUN-IN's website. According to their website it will only be available in June 2010... and still no pricing information.

Here's the link:

FUN-IN Underwater Photo Equipment

Well 10 bar looks more compact to me, I also like the idea of using wet lens with 20mm port.
If anyone had tried Inon uwl-100 wal please let me know if it will vignette

But these pics are the ones I have been looking for. Wish 10bar would have the same neat button layout as seen on Inon housing...

Last edited:
I am considering putting a GF1 in either a 10bar or Seatool housing, and getting ports for the 14-45 and the 7-14, with the idea that I can put a diopter on the front of the 14-45 when I want more macro.

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with these options.

I am not sure 10bar has a port for the 7-14, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom