Panasonic Lumix TZ7/ZS3 with u/w case DMW-MCTZ7 HD VIDEO test results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

here is my vid of Malapascua

youtube.com/watch?v=_UDASsl3wNY

Panasonic will also released new model of this camera named TZ10... sad... so fast to have a replacment...

panasonic.jp/dc/tz10/

Sfen, what a great video! I hope you don't mind if I embed it here to make it easier for people to view without leaving having to cut/paste the URL:

[youtubehq]_UDASsl3wNY[/youtubehq]

nice vid! some amazing critters!

which setting are you guys using for macro stills? have some focus issues. dead center of the shot is in focus, but as you move out it's less and less sharp....

nice videos wicked and sfen :)

wow Bob, I should have waited 30 days....tz10/zs7 has full p/a/s/m control :( I doubt on u/w housing coming out soon though..

hard to rely everything on cam, no control on aperture can be a bane..especially during macro shots with flash, o well, lucky for those who waited, that is if a housing does come out

still.. love the hd vid :)

maybe all you need is a strobe jun.
the long lens housing tends to block the flash some, and theres really no need for low apertures when doing macro since you have adequate lighting...

cheers

nice vid! some amazing critters!

which setting are you guys using for macro stills? have some focus issues. dead center of the shot is in focus, but as you move out it's less and less sharp....

you can change the area of focus but i forget how. its somewhere embedded in the menu's.
best to check the manual.

Pardon my late arrival, but I just bought my ZS3 a couple of weeks ago, and there is a ton of fantastic info you have put in this loooooooong thread.

Question: which housing seems to be preferred: the OEM Panasonic DMW-MCT27 or the 10bar? I prefer the max depth ratings on my housings, and typically stray from the OEM's. Thoughts.......

i have the oem housing and my friend has the 10bar housing.
she seems to be having an issue of chipped paint and such with the 10bar housing and she is in this forum.
i think she goes by he name of evieg here. best to ask her first about the 10bar

First off, I am not an "avid" photographer, I do not do manual adjustments of aperature, iso or shutter speed. I got interested in this camera because of it's UW video capability. I noted that above water pictures were not top flight compared to other camera's in this category but after having taken about 35 pictures inside and outside in low light, I am very disappointed in the Intelligent Auto capabilitys of this camera. I am finding it to be anything but,, In anything except bright ambient light, there is massive pixellation/distortion and the pictures are not acceptable for even MY personal photo albums. I would still be OK with that because like I said, I bought the camera for it's UW video capability for an upcoming trip to Fiji.
Now the straw that broke the camel's back,
I ordered an AC adaptor ( DMW-AC5, $35.00 ) so I would be able to download video to my computer without fear of the battery dying during the process ( pretty short charge life ). Now I find that I not only have to have this adapter, but I also have to have a DMW-MCA1, Panasonic Multi conversion adapter DMC-TZ7 which sells for about $60.00 on Ebay.
Between that and the battery issue, I am just pleased as punch to have associated myself with the customer satisfaction ethos of the Panasonic corp.
Maybe I am being too hard here, maybe every other company out there is doing this kind of product manipulation also but I really don't think so though.
I will update if I can figure out how to make the camera take much better pictures. Right now my 5 year old Kodak does a far superior job though.
Done venting.

chuck

too bad i t didnt work out for you.
but you actually didnt have to get those adaptors and just download of the sd card via sd card slot or sd card reader

chuck

too bad i t didnt work out for you.
but you actually didnt have to get those adaptors and just download of the sd card via sd card slot or sd card reader

Agree, you could have spent the usd35 on beer :)

Hey Rab, the zs3 works fine with me, you are right, its the conversion software which degrades the quality of acvhd and I noticed, I set exposure to high +ev2, reason for washout during thai vid.

the zs7 would sure to be a more well rounded camera, I predict usd550 at march launch, but can pull an ipad pricing strat and go for usd400 +)

Agree, you could have spent the usd35 on beer :)

Hey Rab, the zs3 works fine with me, you are right, its the conversion software which degrades the quality of acvhd and I noticed, I set exposure to high +ev2, reason for washout during thai vid.

the zs7 would sure to be a more well rounded camera, I predict usd550 at march launch, but can pull an ipad pricing strat and go for usd400 +)

i thinking a little lower then 500usd is my guess. closer to 400usd me thinks.

are you talking about that large ipod touch???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom