Panasonic Lumix TZ7/ZS3 with u/w case DMW-MCTZ7 HD VIDEO test results

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tom. just a daytrip to planet dive and shore entry only.
still too cold

Must resist urge to buy another panasonic camera... must resist....

Hello...I just bought the TZ7 and Panasonic Case, just because of most of the luck everyone here has with this camera...some great vids for sure...Can someone please advise what seems to be the best camera settings, for picture taking underwater...just using the built in flash on the camera no external strobe. Also what seems to be the best software to edit the videos? Thanks in advance for your inputs...Regards, John

Hi Guys,

I bought this camera around christmas after reading some great posts on this forum.

Went for my first dive with it at Cook Island on the gold Coast. We dove off the back of my jetski which was cool.

Anyway I take some really cool footage and it looks geat on the pc. Thats where the frustration set in. I recorded it in AVCHD mode and my computer wouldnt read the file. So i downloaded panasonics photofunstudio and this reads them.

I want to edit and add sound on windows movie maker - so - do i have convert the file to mpg. How did you guys get your file from the camera onto this thread? The quality of the AVCHD is awesome so if i have to convert the file will i lose this quality?

Thanks guys - I will try and post my efforts when i finish (after your vhelp of course)

GC Diver

you can edit and view avchd if you have windows 7.
if not you may get third party video editors like power director, muvee, sony vegas pro.
if your on vista im not sure if you can upgrade the movie maker in vista to the same one as windows 7.

Hello All, This is my first time posting here. I have been researching a new camera / housing setup for my upcoming trip to Cozumel in April. Seems like this might be the setup for me. Thanks to everyones great info, posts, video etc. Now I just need to get the wife's ok on the purchase and I am good to go.

doe anyone know if you can use the Epoque adapter with the panasonic housing? I'd like to eventuall get a lens for this, and would like to know if it is possible.

Epoque ELH-MF Multi-Lens Adapter
* Multi-Lens adapter screws into tripod socket on bottom of cameras, housings, or strobe trays. * Multiple slotted fixing positions allows adapter to be located directly in front of lens port. * Epoque 67mm wide angle and macro conversion lenses screw into adapter for use on most camera and video underwater sytems. * Perfect for cameras and housings with no threaded lens ports * Can be used on Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic, HP housings and more.

Thanks

Can anyone recommend a good US source for spare batteries that actually work in this camera?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom