Paralenz Vaquita 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One would guess that the MD5 file contains a checksum of the binary file in order to check for corruptions if copying

I checked my vaquita (gen2) data further and improved the html/javascript to read the log+media direct from sd card, I would like to check if my html is able to work with other versions. Besides.... I received one cam with a faulty GPS, so, I cannot test the html page that will geo locate dives 😅. Would any of you have the DCIM folder of an sd card with a couple of logs and media for me, that would be great :)

I checked my vaquita (gen2) data further and improved the html/javascript to read the log+media direct from sd card, I would like to check if my html is able to work with other versions. Besides.... I received one cam with a faulty GPS, so, I cannot test the html page that will geo locate dives 😅. Would any of you have the DCIM folder of an sd card with a couple of logs and media for me, that would be great :)
narayaana, let me look at this later today. Stand by.

I've read a lot of disappointing reviews of the original Vaquita camera. Anyone have hands on experience with the new version? At first glance, it looks like a wider view, more light to the sensor and improved underwater color correction. But still having no image stabilization might be a deal breaker for me.
I purchased a Vaquita gen 2 last year, a couple weeks before the company "folded" (?). However, after numerous dives with it, I'm still quite impressed with it's performance. I always make sure it's got a full charge, especially if not used on a monthly basis (not the case most of the time though). It's DCC feature works wonderfully. I've purchased the hand grip made for this camera and it helps stabilize the camera quite well. I'm looking at a way to 'secure' the rig to my BCD when not actively "filming". The "vibrate" feedback feature works "so-so" through gloves, so you need to pay close attention to starting/stopping recording. I also regularly check the O-ring to make sure it's properly (read "lightly" lubricated), clean and the End Cap properly seated. Humidity can contribute to water droplets collecting on the end cap glass plate, but no concern as not always an issue. I simply carefully wipe it dry after each dive. No other problems with this camera. I'm still very happy with my purchase!

I think I've decided to go with the iPhone case myself.
Am guessing a ‘cased’ iPhone might fit better in a BCD pocket (if available) than the Vaquita. I’m going on a year with my Vaquita Gen 2, with no issues whatsoever (other than finding a good way to secure my rig without it dangling a foot off my BC). Enjoy using your cased iPhone ‘rig’!

Back
Top Bottom