Passport to re-enter US

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cancun mark:
heaven forbid, what next?? the metric system???

If you think of a meter as approximately a yard, then you can get used to it in a few weeks. Did you play football? Or golf?

KM per hour is a little trickier, but anytime you rent a car in Europe, you are faced with this anyway.

triton94949:
If you think of a meter as approximately a yard, then you can get used to it in a few weeks. Did you play football? Or golf?

KM per hour is a little trickier, but anytime you rent a car in Europe, you are faced with this anyway.

I am basically ambidexterous as far as units go, except for farenheit... juat cant quite wrap my head around that..

Oh, and I played squash.. I didnt play well with others I guess.

Rick Murchison:
If you don't have a passport, get one.
No more whining or complaining.
Love,
Uncle Ricky
What he said.

cancun mark:
I am basically ambidexterous as far as units go, except for farenheit... juat cant quite wrap my head around that..

Oh, and I played squash.. I didnt play well with others I guess.

F makes a lot more intuitive sense to me than C, even though I much prefer C for physics and so forth.

In F, 100 is really hot and 0 is really cold. When it gets on either side of this range, it's generally miserable.

50 is sort of in the middle.

25 is fairly cold, 75 is fairly warm.

How much easier could it get?

cancun mark:
I didnt play well with others I guess.
Glad you are finally admitting it Mark :wink:

jonnythan:
F makes a lot more intuitive sense to me than C, even though I much prefer C for physics and so forth.

In F, 100 is really hot and 0 is really cold. When it gets on either side of this range, it's generally miserable.

50 is sort of in the middle.

25 is fairly cold, 75 is fairly warm.

How much easier could it get?
Celsius:
100 is really quite hot, in fact water boils there
0 is really quite cool, in fact water freezes there
10-30 is fair temps, most things over 30C are getting a bit too warm for my blood (yes i know it gets up to 35C (95F) and feels like 40C (105F) here in the summer).

How much simpler could it get? :wink:

However due to the way it is presented on weather reports and measurements on the dive tables and guages i have i stick with Imperial (not English, British or other ways of describing it) units for only those functions unless i have to for work of course. After 3.5 years of indoctrination/brainwashing into these units i find it hard to recall how to work things in metric for certain calcs or convert back in my head for temps.

Back to the passport thing, not sure if my renewed passport, due in 2008, will require this stuff as well, biometrics, chips etc, we shall see when the time comes.

Oh come on, sim. The weather temperature never gets to 50, much less 100.

And 0 C isn't all that cold to begin with. You metric wusses.

one of the funniest dive magazine headlines I ever saw was "metric made easy"...

that one still cracks me up..

cancun mark:
one of the funniest dive magazine headlines I ever saw was "metric made easy"...

that one still cracks me up..

The US TRIED to go metric back in about 1974. I remember freeway signs saying Colombus 100 KM (60 miles) And gasoline stations tried liters but always had the gallon price as well. The only way to convert is to drop the imperial system. Don't try to campare or convert. Metric is WAYYYYYY easier once you convert. Hank (the convert)

Hank49:
The US TRIED to go metric back in about 1974. I remember freeway signs saying Colombus 100 KM (60 miles) And gasoline stations tried liters but always had the gallon price as well. The only way to convert is to drop the imperial system. Don't try to campare or convert. Metric is WAYYYYYY easier once you convert. Hank (the convert)

Guys just want to go metric so they can brag more :wink:

MoonWrasse:
Guys just want to go metric so they can brag more :wink:

You got it backwards. If you ask, "how deep did you dive"? 70 meters? or 230 feet? (on NITROX) Feet is way more macho.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom