Patch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Put a Marine Corps (ret.) patch on there just above the Rescue patch and nobody will mess with you or expect anything of you beyond the service you already gave for your country.
Actually, I would expect you to kick someone's ass if they harassed any sea life.

Just don't.
I wouldn't advertise that. In fact, if I saw anyone with that patch I would expect you to jump out of a helicopter, swim 100 meters against the current in 12 foot swells and drag my ass back to land.
This^^^.

And welcome to ScubaBoard.

I would never put a ‘rescue diver’ patch on my gear but I would also never make someone feel intimidated or uncomfortable if they wanted to do it. Do what you like with your gear as long as it doesn‘t risk failure.

I put my PADI MSD patch on a ball cap years ago (never wore it around other divers....). I was at a party in a campground and someone asked "Are you really a Master Scuba Diver". I replied "Why yes, I am". I must have been-- I had well OVER fifty dives at the time !

I put my PADI MSD patch on a ball cap years ago (never wore it around other divers....). I was at a party in a campground and someone asked "Are you really a Master Scuba Diver". I replied "Why yes, I am". I must have been-- I had well OVER fifty dives at the time !
I bet the chicks dig it.

First and foremost, do what you want with your gear, it's yours after all. I personally don't do patches on stuff but hey whatever. I would perhaps recommend instead of a wetsuit, that a boat coat (Waterproof Parka | Dive Parka | Boat Coat | Swim Parka | Surf-fur.com or something similar) might be a more long lasting location. Dive jackets used to be at thing, so similar vein and won't get quite as destroyed by the water.
+1 on the Sur-Fur jacket. One of the better things I've gotten for diving...as for patches...meh...but your call.

+1 on the Sur-Fur jacket. One of the better things I've gotten for diving...as for patches...meh...but your call.

I wish I needed that.

Marine vet here too. I have a couple of these. Might add one to my dive poncho to serve as a warning to others :wink:

Attachments

• ahole.jpg
    ahole.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 19
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom