Pearl River LA sand pit dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I can do an hour dive in Vortex in shorts so I am cold natured................but I think it would be ok. The hood will definitely help. You should be fine.

If you get by Slidell you can try this on on and see. If it works it's yours.

Thanks. I only live 20 minutes away, I think I can make that happen.

Talk about some serious flash backs. I lived in Picayune more years ago than I care to remember and we used to swim in the pits down by Pearl River turnaround.
I always wondered what it would be like to dive them and would appreciate a trip report.
I'm in central Fl now and occasionally get back that way.

I'm out of Baton Rouge, and I wouldn't mind taking a trip to check these things out. Haven't done much diving in Louisiana, so why not try it, eh? I'm a drysuiter, so temperature's not really an issue. :wink:

I should be pretty much open as soon as I get finished with the paperwork on my house, which means I have no clue when I'll be ready, but it had better be soon. (It's been too long... *waaaaay* too long.) I'll stay tuned here.

If you get by Slidell you can try this on on and see. If it works it's yours.

What does your schedule look like for next week? I should be able to pass through Slidell in the afternoon on my way home from work.

What does your schedule look like for next week? I should be able to pass through Slidell in the afternoon on my way home from work.

I am training Fire District 1 personel Monday til early afternoon in Rapid Diver at the Oak Harbor station / canal. I should be done early afternoon, I hope, cause it is my day off. I am off Tuesday and work nights Wed and Thursday. Gimme a call at 985-960-1157. I work 6 a to 6 p this Friday thru Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom