Pearl River LA sand pit dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Count me in any time in December. The pits that show up as black or dark blue may be the clear ones, that or the light blue is clear but very shallow. PM me when you get a date.

Last edited:
Hey guys I am going to try and come down the second weekend in Dec. Sorry I havent posted anything in a few days I have been really busy with school. Keep me informed on here who will be able to make it and stuff. Everyone have a great night!

I should be around. Did you mention there may be some equipment in that pit (rumour)? If so, and if you can get me permission, I can take my canoe and side scan and find out before you get this way. If there is something I can mark it as it (pit) looks rather large and finding stuff by only diving will be difficult. I am sure jhayes75 would go with me. Let me know. Mark

Mark that would be great if you and Jason could go scope it out! Let me talk with my buddy this weekend and I will let you know. He told me there is some equipment down in the pits but I am not sure if that is just a rumor he had heard or what. You have any idea what the water temps are right now? I know ya'll have had a few cold nights the last week or so.

Mark that would be great if you and Jason could go scope it out! Let me talk with my buddy this weekend and I will let you know. He told me there is some equipment down in the pits but I am not sure if that is just a rumor he had heard or what. You have any idea what the water temps are right now? I know ya'll have had a few cold nights the last week or so.

Water is 63 degrees on the surface, as of Monday, when I qualified Fire District 1 guys in the Rapid Diver System. Below about 10 feet in these pits is usually in the mid 50's, winter and summer. I could get over there Sat. or Sundy this week, or Wed or Thursday next week to scan it if you want. If I find anything I will hook it and then mark it with a weight and a float.

Hey guys I am going to try and come down the second weekend in Dec. Sorry I havent posted anything in a few days I have been really busy with school. Keep me informed on here who will be able to make it and stuff. Everyone have a great night!

Anything happening with this?

I would love to try out my new gear. just got a new BC, 7mill wetsuit, and Sling shots

7mm is good. Lake temps are about 54 degrees right now. Gravel pits will be that from top to bottom. Bright side, there is no thermocline :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom