Pelagic DSAT and Pelagic V+ equivalent ZH settings on Tech Dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

narke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When I dive recreational with my buddy I try to adapt the GF settings of my computer to my buddy's Oceanic.

I find the following matches:

Pelagic DSAT maps to PADI RDP values at 4 pressure groups from non decompression limits (not requiring safety stop);
Pelagic V+ maps to PADI RDP values at non decompression limits (requiring safety stop);
Pelagic DSAT and V+ resemble ZHL-16C GF 45/95.

I use as NDL data source:
Recreational Dive Planner (PADI)
Aeris A100 DIVE COMPUTER OPERATING MANUAL

I could not find NDL data in Oceanic's manual.

I plotted some graphs and will share them here as soon I can the upload working.

Comments? Experiences?

I upload the graphs. Thanks. How to move to other thread then? Still may be useful to those who don't have tech computer.

Attachments

• 1DSATvsZ.jpg
    1DSATvsZ.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 88
  • 2RDPDLvsDSATvsZHL.jpg
    2RDPDLvsDSATvsZHL.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 3RDPNDLvsZHLvsZ.jpg
    3RDPNDLvsZHLvsZ.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 119
I've been diving a Dive Rite Nitek Q as a backup to my Oceanic VT3 since August 2016, to learn Buhlmann ZH-L16C as it compares to DSAT. The relationship is not linear. For example, diving EAN 32, below 80 ft, a GF hi of 100 is applicable. Between 60 and 80 feet, a GF hi of 95 is best fit. Above this a GF hi of 90 seems best.

Back
Top Bottom