People get ready, there's a storm a comin'...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don't think you have much to worry about in Marathon on Sat. It should be around Georgia by then.

Guys I gotta ask this, but won't the viz be cr*p right after the 'cane passes?
When we have a storm it usually takes maybe a week before the water clears.

Stay safe everyone.

Paul.

Hoot:
I'm diving on Sat in WPB and was supposed to bring my brother so he could do a discover dive. The dive charter called and canceled the discover dive because the conditions may be rough but my dive is still a go. What do you guys think the conditions will be like on sat? My brother still wants to go and bubble watch but I’m hoping maybe by Friday if it looks good the discover dive will be back on.
Click on this link and check out the forecast, particularly at the difference between Friday night and Saturday. 10 - 15 knot winds out of the SE will yield more than 2 - 4' seas (more like 4 - 6)

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/mfl/newpage/cgi-bin/master.pl?suite=marine&zone=AMZ650&name=Jupiter\\sInlet\\sto\\sDeerfield\\sBeach\\sOut\\s20\\sNM

Colin and Reefguy, take care guys; be safe!!!

BE careful, be very careful. Get the sea reports before venturing out on a charter dive. Sometimes the most memorable dives are done in high seas bt not because it was fun!

It is better to dive the another weekend besides the treasures get washed up after a hurricane.

For those of you who have never dove in high seas (12') and a 9 knot current it is very taxing on the system and requires ALOt of skill and overall is not really worth the experience.

After Andrew my hurricane preparation changed to go take a trip.. maybe six flags Ga. With the new job I, however have to stay in the event of hurricane but the building I work in is VERY secure.

Ok, yesterday 11am report gave it going ft myers to around titusville/daytona, this morning around 8am i was seeing tampa to jacksonville, then 11am this morning they updated it again to what looks like a bit north of tarpon springs to lake city to savannah. It appears to be moving more westerly, away from a lot of us who were in the orginal projected path (at least of the eye). Not saying there isnt still a flooding or coastal wave risk for you on the coast, but its not aimed quite where was originally thought - ie not getting quite the same effect from the other systems around here at the moment as they originally thought. Who knows, but tomorrow morning it could follow Bonnie's path very closely coming in on the big bend and hardly touching FL.

Thanks NetDoc, we are all ready just incase one has a change in plans and hit here.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom