Perdix showing (wrong) depth on land

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I switched my Perdix on in flight in order to download logs onto my iphone. The Perdix was set to air and it showed gas PPO2 of 0.16, which allows the calculation of cabin pressure to be 0.76 bar. I don't imagine that any commercial airline would set cabin pressure below this. Any thoughts?

As an aside, at what GF high should you set your computer for a dive in order to take a commercial airline (assuming cabin pressure of 0.76 bar) immediate after the dive and have at least 10% safety margin below the M-value?

It will track your loading during the flight. Cargo hold is the usual issue, cabin is usually fine.

The cargo hold is the same pressure as the cabin... A aircraft is a pressure tube just like a sub's hull... It goes from the rear bulkhead just behind the rear cabin to the front of the cockpit...

Jim....

Darn. It would be nice if Shearwater answered the question. All this noise with no real answer. (Yes, I know - welcome to SB).

Contacting Shearwater is good advice. They have great customer service, they will sort this out quickly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom