Perils of using a backplate and wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I guess they never seen a Atpac from the 1960s

Ahh memories...

I took my ow classes using using the atpac...

dive a jacket style bcd currently...

with an airsource AAS ( I know, I'm going to die )

I also dove w/ horsecollar bcd and no AAS and no computer for many many dives

still remember the classes with Atpac fondly...

how'd your dives go today?...depending on who you dove with, you probably didn't see many BP/W set ups.

how'd your dives go today?...depending on who you dove with, you probably didn't see many BP/W set ups.

Inauspicious start - blown out by a storm. Hoping for better luck tomorrow.

Inauspicious start - blown out by a storm. Hoping for better luck tomorrow.

Yeah, the weather has been hit and miss but at least you aren't subject to the sea conditions set by the military and have to watch people dive. The water looks nice now...hopefully, it holds up so I can check my new reg :)...and you can get some good diving in

Yeah, the weather has been hit and miss but at least you aren't subject to the sea conditions set by the military and have to watch people dive. The water looks nice now...hopefully, it holds up so I can check my new reg :)...and you can get some good diving in

Yeah, I couldn't believe it when they told me that US military personnel are not allowed to dive when the weather gets rough. I guess I just assumed the troops would be, I don't know, tougher.

I was once a young military person and I am currently the father of a young military person; one thing I know about young military persons is that their enthusiasm often overcomes their good judgement. There's a solid reason that since Roman times armies have been run as a hierarchical command structure with the experienced people at the top. Sometimes that command structure has to prevent people from doing dumb stuff, and since it's impractical to work on a case-by-case basis there are typically broad rules that err on the side of caution.

That BCD system only for tech divers that would kill recreational divers. That is, until ScubaPro came out with its version. ;-)
x-tek_pure_dir_tek_system.jpg

WOW! What a beautiful B.C.

It is beautiful (with the minor exception of the knob on the quick dump and the lack of an LPI retainer on the left shoulder d-ring). How much does it cost as pictured? $775?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom