Pets!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No way, I prefer Hawk. Yes the food bills are pretty large as are the vet bills. Almost all are fixed, I still have one female that I can't catch, yet, that I need to get spayed. She is a wild one outside.

Each month I go through over 100 lbs of dog food, 160 lbs of cat food, over 300 lbs of cat litter......... the list goes on and on and on and...............

Oh well, I like animals and never liked kids, so I guess I just ended up with furry kids that never outgrow their clothes!

Later, Hawk.

One VERY hyper 2 year old boxer named Tucker. One VERY laid back black cocker named Kirby. Three Gerbils that have different names every day.

One Norwegian Elkhound named Gudryn, One cat named Kitt Katt, and 4 finches................ oops forgot to take the eggs out of the cage again, make that 6 finches. (funny how that keeps happening :wink:

Last year we found homes for 3 other dogs that shared their lives with us. It was tough to see them go. 2 other Elkhounds, Darkdog, and Freya and a Kieshund (sp?) named Gildor. All our dogs were AKC. We really would have liked to have kept them all but the males were going to kill each other. and finding care for them, with all our traveling became a problem.

I have a 3 year old male shih-tzu named Senor Pepe. He's black and white and he's too cute. He's smart too! Here's a story:
He's really picky about things. He won't go use the bathroom outside if it is raining or if the ground is wet. Well it had rained here for four days....He was holding a monsterous crap in that whole time. He still would not go. Well in the middle of night (on the fifth night) he had to go really bad and couldn't wake me up. He managed to get open the bathroom door and hop up in the shower and do his thing in the shower. I was amazed!He cracks me up!!!

Then, I have a 2 year old female English bulldog. Her name is Chloe. She is so fat and wrinlkly and cute. I have a little swimming pool for her to get in and cool down in the summer. Cause it always gets in the 100's in the summer here.

My recent one is a ten month old female Boxer. Her name is Kiki. She is the most jumping hyper dog I have ever seen. She can jump about five feet or higher these days. She is a nut!!!

My mom still has my childhood dog. He's 15 years old. A poodle named Buckwheat. He can't hardly hear or see :( but he sure has a strong will to live. He's sweet.

:froggy:

Amber

4 cats-Othello, Pongo, Athena and Melody and two Bearded Dragons-Cleopatra and Sobek.

I want an owl in the worst way, but I am pretty sure they are protected/endangered/not available.

Ken

2 dogs - including a ginger terrier.
4 chickens rescued from a battery farm
a rat (NOT welcome):toilet:

My place is kinda calm right now, only 2 cats (the grey tabby's more of a miniature lynx as big as he is), a 75 gal livebearer aquarium, a 20 gal angelfish tank, and a 33 gal with ~100 female bettas. A few months ago I had around 150 male bettas but thankfully they have all been either sold or given away (I breed bettas a couple of times a year)

I have two wonderful black and tan - wire haired dachshunds. Sugar Magnolia is 5 and her half brother Gordo is 4 (they have the same father). I also have two rats. Kismit and Cosmos keep me very busy. Oh, almost forgot my fish - Sushi!

It warms my heart to hear how many people are discoving the love of a good chicken. I used to eat them only a year ago, but a box full of the little fluff-balls changed my life.

I had ordered 1 miniture ornamental hen (bantie sultan) from a breeder over the net. When she arrived by mail, there were 15 babies, 6 of whom were Rhode Island Red rooster babies (like in the film Chicken Run.) The invoice said they had been included as packing material & to keep my little princess warm.

I could not tell my hen from all the other Sultan chicks, so I had to raise them all & wait to see who did not crow. I should have guessed it was the 1 with a deformed foot! (useless for them to win contests with.) The clock was ticking for my poor little red roosters, though. I could not keep them here in Hollywood due to the noise, but I was terrified that they would end up in soup or starring in those awful cock-fight videos they sell in the dodgy neigborhoods.

Finally, I found a vegetarian farm on the edge of the city that rescues abused farm animals (like a poor little pony-ride pony). They agreed to take in my roosters. Miraculously, one of the reds turned out to be a GIRL! So I got to keep my "Pwincess" (who is spoiled rotten) and big cuddly Desdemona (who jumps out of her mini-coop to make sure i wake up in the morning. She pulls on the blanket & clucks till I jump up to feed her.) The "kids" had their first birthday, & our boys have become local minor celebrities, appearing on the cover of the newspaper being hugged by kids. We no longer eat chickens (or cows or pigs, or sheep....) and we have a true appreciation for the individuality each chicken is born with (when I gave them to the farm, here's how I told them to distinguish the boys: "Jamaal is the sexy one, Finbar is the serious one, Ambrose is the confident one, & Shamo is the eccentric.")

One little bullmastiff , after diving he is the second biggest expense (a 120 pound dog eats quite a bit).
Max (bullmastiff name and scubaboard name)

Back
Top Bottom