Phone Booth underwater at Joe's

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ZoCrowes255

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
I go out of town for a weekend and you guys go and put something new in the quarry on me. There is now a dual phone booth over near the LDC and KDH platforms. I was following my students on their navigation dive this morning and it came out of nowhere at me. It's marked by a blue tide bottle but I honestly have no idea where it came from. It has Akona, Sherwood, Genesis and scuba.com stickers on it. Any idea who put it down. When I upload the pictures I took today I'll post one here.

Edit:
Said photo
Falling_Rock_19_July_080.jpg

Now we can order pizza and have it waiting for us on our SI. Or better yet, order, suface and take it down and watch the big screen while kicked back in the barco lounger.

I need to go there and place a collect call to dad...
Hell surely accept an international collect call when hes told "its your son calling from underseas" :rofl:

Yep, Joe's, Joe Clark quarry, Falling Rock..all the same. Good place to dive. Viz can suck at times but for the most part it is good. There are direction someplace on the board. Land Locked posted them awhile back.

Thanks! My best dive buddy, Jump Boy (so called because he runs a drop zone and spends his weekends jumping out of perfectly good airplanes) and I are trying to plan a little dive excursion this coming week. We're going to hit Penny Royal and Mermet, but we're looking for another place as well. We'd come across a place in TN--we're not adverse to a little driving but that seems like a lot--so someplace closer to home would be alright.
Thanks again! :)
BTW, what's the dive fee?

Here are the directions to Joe's from Indianapolis:

I65 S to I71N (to Cincinnati)
Exit is just across bridge on the right. Very first exit immediately at the end of the bridge.
I71N towards Cincinnati to SR53N / La Grange, Exit 22
Turn left and follow SR53N North
Left on 1st street after crossing RR tracks. This is Jefferson St. / SR 146.
Right on 4th St.
Follow 4th St. for 3 miles into the country.
Pass Joe Clark’s Quarry on the right. This is the operating quarry.
Next is Falling Rock Scuba Park on the right. Kind of on the outside of a small bend in the road and set back a bit. It is easy to pass the first time.

Diving costs $15. If you're going during the week, be sure and call and make sure he'll be open. I think it's primarily open on weekends. I don't have the number but hopefully one of the local folks ... JPSexton or Land Locked (Chris) ... can PM you his phone #.

crpntr133:
Now we can order pizza and have it waiting for us on our SI. Or better yet, order, suface and take it down and watch the big screen while kicked back in the barco lounger.

Seriously, can we order a pizza at Joe's? I think Joe's is still within a city district. We might try it later....:wink:

In addition, man... BS needs to replace their all junks in UW. It looks like a landfill in UW.....

It is good to hear that there is the new stuff at Joe's...

I don't think that anyone will deliver to Joe's. I have tried ordering via cell phone at others and nobody will do it. Though I haven't tried at Joe's.

Joe's cell number is 502-939-5049. Give him a call a couple of days in advance and he will usually take care of you.

Watch your speed once you turn onto 4th. Not sure if a herd of cattle or a snake laid that one out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom